Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bloody tv " I think"

Ianos

Dec 28, 2017
Last night and this morning I had trouble with my Sky bor " so I thought, phoned up sky explained no picture but had sound.
Went through all test and was informed that it might be a HDMI cable, he gave me a reefrence number and direct telephone number, found 2 HDMI, 1 old and a new one I forgot I had.
Tried the two same result, sound no picture, I then hooked up mu sons x box to the HDMI on the back of the tv" this tv is 10 year old and only has one HDMI on the back"
Put a DVD on and a game, same thing sound but no picture, went up stairs to my sons bedroom hooked up the old Xbox one with the same HDMI lead, picture and sound.
Seeing that it worked on my sons tv is it a safe assumption to say that the fault is in the tv, my question is
1) What is the problem, " I know it's only a calculated guess you can give" and I fully understand
2) what sort of cost would I be looking at
Thanks in advance

Robert_fay

Jun 15, 2017
Any thing suggested would be just that a guess. You have given no model number or any information on the TV. You might start there. Then it can be anywhere from a $1 fix in a cap or Hundreds in a video card.

I

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Backlight issue?

Use a torch, shining at an acute angle, to see if you can see the image - it will be very dim but should be there..... if it is then the backlight needs repairing (common fault).

NMNeil

Oct 3, 2014
If your TV has multiple HDMI sockets, try them all.
My Hitatchi had the same problem a few years right after a thunderstorm. Seems that the EMI from the lightning trashed the circuitry attached to that socket. Plugged into another and all was, and still is, well.