Maker Pro
Maker Pro

BLOWN UP JUNK !

BIGOLDORK

Jun 15, 2016
Whats happening fellers, Ok heres my delema I got an older Yamaha 5.1 surround sound receiver that the whole left side don't work ! Ive heard from a few people its totally worth fixing and not that hard. So my question for you electronics wizards is #1 is this an easy fix for a kinda sorta beginner? Number 2 what do I test and where is it located ? This will be my first attempt at ever fixing a receiver so lets see how this goes lol . I don't have the info on the receiver accessable right now but I will later after I obtain the info from grandmas house lol. Right on and thanks for all your help

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
The first thing you have to do, is Google your make and model number, and get a schematic on the electronic components in it.
The next thing you do, is without the power plugged-in: open it up and look for any physical damage to any of
the electronic components in it that might help diagnose the problem.

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
Welcome friend !

Trust me if anyone can help you fix this receiver of yours, that us Sir 73's de Edd. He has helped me so much fixing similar device.

BIGOLDORK

Jun 15, 2016
Hey thanks for the quick response's guys that's awesome ! Anyways I got the model number its a YAMAHA RX-V393 I will probably go pick it up tonight and open that puppy on up and take a look at er . I'll keep ya posted as soon as I get a little deeper in it . Well right on thanks again guys, Grannys gunna be stoked to have this thing back up and workin again

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013

BIGOLDORK

Jun 15, 2016
Alright man got me the service manual Thanks on that for sure. Hey just so ya know ive been screwing with electronics since I was a kid , But now I wanna step it up I'm thinkin so been checkin out scopes n all that retardedly expensive shit but yeah unless I get a serious hookup aint happening anytime soon lol . I bring this up because I was checkin out the forms I guess ya call it over on them schematics . But hey I really appreciate your time and help bro

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
No problem. I am up to my ears with work so i did nothing on yours. I will let you know !

BIGOLDORK

Jun 15, 2016
LOL right on man no hurry ive got a ton of stuff goin on .Having 2 little daughters to entertain all the time is busy work so .....kinda puts my stuff on the back burner lol

BIGOLDORK

Jun 15, 2016
Hell yeah brother I also haave a 12 year old son as well that I get every other week lol. So yeah man I'm right there with ya