Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Boardgame wiring question......

Topher87

Jan 5, 2024
I hope I'm asking this in the right place.... So I'm attempting to rewire an operation board game so that if the player touches the metal rim with the metal tweezers they actually get a little shock but I'm not getting enough juice out of a single 9v battery to produce enough of a zap to satisfy my goal so I was thinking maybe double up on the batteries so my question is will wiring the batteries up in series or parallel be more likely to get me the result im looking for?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
That would depend on the zapper.
Show us what you have.

Series connections double the voltage and parallel double the current. (Assuming same batteries are used).

Martin

Topher87

Jan 5, 2024
That would depend on the zapper.
Show us what you have.

Series connections double the voltage and parallel double the current. (Assuming same batteries are used).

Martin
Really all I have so far is a board game that's been half way dismantled but I'm thinking it should be pretty simple to figure out how to get it to do what I'm wanting I just was kinda confused on the who series and parallel thing. I know how to do it with car stereo installs but I wasn't completely clear on if it was the same thing with batteries

Topher87

Jan 5, 2024
Really all I have so far is a board game that's been half way dismantled but I'm thinking it should be pretty simple to figure out how to get it to do what I'm wanting I just was kinda confused on the who series and parallel thing. I know how to do it with car stereo installs but I wasn't completely clear on if it was the same thing with batteries
Wait what do you mean depends on the zapper ? I was thinking I just solder the positive to the metal rim of the game and connect the negative to the metal tweezers and when they make contact with each other they give a little shock to whoever is holding them. Is that not correct?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You can do this with a miniature mains transformer wired backwards and use the back emf to give someone a (safe) zap.

Topher87

Jan 5, 2024
Safe zap?? Huh....... I hadn't thought of that
I just enjoy playing with electricity. But since I seem to be talking to people that know WAY more about it t this stuff than I do maybe you can enlighten me about something that happened toe yesterday. I was helping a friend change the hoses on his water heater and I got shocked by the water. The heater was unplugged when this happened and it only would shock me when I put my other hand on top of a plastic igloo cooler near by.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I just enjoy playing with electricity. But since I seem to be talking to people that know WAY more about it t this stuff than I do maybe you can enlighten me about something that happened toe yesterday. I was helping a friend change the hoses on his water heater and I got shocked by the water. The heater was unplugged when this happened and it only would shock me when I put my other hand on top of a plastic igloo cooler near by.
Sounds more like static electricity as the heater was disconnected.

Topher87

Jan 5, 2024
How long would statidlc electricity last? And I thought static electricity gave you more of a snap kind of shock not the steady humming tingle up your arm kind of shock also I stuck my hand in the electric water several times just to be sure I didn't imagine it

Topher87

Jan 5, 2024
Static^^^ my apologies. My fingers are a bit too large for this phones keyboard

Topher87

Jan 5, 2024
Sounds more like static electricity as the heater was disconnected.
No I might not be a professional electrician but I am pretty sure I would be able to tell the difference between a static electricity and a "hey maybe rewiring this plug without cutting the houses power off first wasnt the best idea" your off shock. Id hope so at least

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Well, plastic is an insulator. And the heater was disconnected.

Unless there is something seriously wrong with the house wiring and the water is at mains potential?. But then washing the dishes would kill you!.

Martin

Topher87

Jan 5, 2024
Oh no kidding? The writing is pretty messed up maybe I should tell him to leave the water off for a while?

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Doubling the number of batteries and connecting them in series will most likely give the desired result. Try it, it will probably work!
No it will not work it will just make his nose shine brighter and maybe blow out the buzzer or both.
1711893913020.png

Here you go kiddo.
You have to know how to solder electronic components,
See attached PDF

Attachments

• Shockeration (Modified Operation Game) _ 5 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 1