Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Boom gate for car park

BHEKI

Aug 28, 2014
I need help on a circuit diagram for a small project that im working on, this project is using PLC's but i have done the prototype part but i have a problem on my circuit is gonna look like. This small project is monitoring the cars that are coming in and out of car park using an automatic boom which opens when a button is pressed and closed after.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Do you want to monitor the cars or the button. There is a difference. For actual car monitoring you would be better opting for an inductive sensing circuit that monitored the presence of the vehicle and the button press. If it's just the button monitoring and the assumption that a car has passed then this is easy to incorporate. How do you plan to display the results if at all?

Some others will be along in a bit and tell you to use a micro, don't listen to them :) build the circuit using discrete components it more fun and what's better a circuit board with 40 nice shiny components on or a little black blob with 8 legs in the middle of the PCB? :) I know micros are taking over the world but I am resisting as long as I can.

All joking a side choose the path that best suits you, not anyone else. We can only offer advice and our opinion.

Adam

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
As Adam said. We can help, but we need to know a lot more about the project. What does "monitoring" involve? Do you already have the PLC? Can you program the PLC to do your monitoring? Do you have the button? Do you have the barrier arm motor? What part do you need help with? This sounds like a pretty straightforward application for a PLC.