Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Boom Gate Remote - Domino DTC 4334

JimAgga

Jul 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

This is my fist post and I hope it's in a suitable area; my apologies if I'm in the wrong spot. I did a search for this specific topic but could find nothing on it.

A boom gate has been installed where I live and we each get a single remote control for it so I'm tying to find a way to acquire more remotes. Building and programming is one way but buying a generic remote control is my preferred option.

If I buy a generic remote, obviously it has to be programmable for the same signal as the original which is the

DOMINO DTC 4334

If anyone has any knowledge of this system or can recommend a remote which will do the trick, I would be grateful for the help, please!

Thanks in advance!

Jim

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
Hi Jim and welcome to electronicspoint !

Your remote control is part of the gibidi range:

http://www.gibidi.com/english/prodotti/accessori/Dep_ACCESSORI_Lug09_Ing_web.pdf

They offer a manager tools to handle the keys and the access. They products so are probably not based on generic remote encoder components. Reproducing such keys can be very challenging if encryption, rolling codes or alike are implemented!
Better to ask to the responsible of the building if you can buy/rent one!

Olivier

JimAgga

Jul 3, 2014
Thankyou very much for the replies. I should've said that I did have a look at eBay and found gibidi domino remotes but I suspected a generic, no-name remote might be available for less than the prices I found on eBay. This is what I was hoping to learn more about in this forum.

Rolling codes - I hadn't thought of that and it could be a problem; does anyone know enough about this particular proprietary system to know if it uses rolling codes or not? Or encryption?

Thank you for the replies and the warm welcome!

Jim

JimAgga

Jul 3, 2014
Further to the above, I now have the following specifications, if this helps:

Carrier Freq 433.920MHz
Carrier radiated (ERP) <1 mW
Modulation 00K (ON-OFF Keyng)
Absorption 10 mA

It states a single frequency and not a range so I suspect the device does not use rolling codes. Would that be fair to say?

The link above does not work for me here in the Middle East. I had similar trouble with some other at that site.

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
The remote control use a rolling code, as seen in ebay and gibidi link. The rolling can be implemented with only one carrier frequency (the code is changed each time the button is pressed according to a proprietary rule). frequency hopping, who can be part of an encryption process, use few frequencies. I confirm that you need to program the remote control to match the installation thanks to the manufacturer manager tool

Olivier