Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bose Acoustic Wave 3000. Need help getting the front panel off.

Lostcaws

Oct 24, 2014
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and I need to get the front panel off of a Bose Acousstic Wave 3000 radio (the taller one) to fix a hole in the acoustic tube that carries the bass. It's a long story, but I can tell you the hole is approximately 9mm in diameter!

I have all the electronics removed, but can't seem to be able to separate the front panel from the rear section (where the long plastic tube is located). It seems as though the front panel must lift up. It seems as though it might be glued, and I've removed(broken) a tab over the left tweeter inside, but that sucker won't budge. Any ideas? The electronics are fine...I just need to repair the holes. Any suggestions getting the front panel off would be appreciated, and also what should I use to repair the holes? Is there some kind of liquid/putty-like plastic that hardens and seals? It's that long tube that gives all the bass in the unit.

Thanks in advance.

21eyhrk.jpg

1z4xuna.jpg

2a6nq6h.jpg

Lostcaws

Oct 24, 2014
The front panel doesn't come off, and the round was confined to only one layer of the tube (in and out), so the plan is to get some JB Weld for plastic, and seal up the two holes.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread, or you guys can keep it around and laugh at me for a bit...your call.

Thanks for the help I know one of you would have given me...seriously.

And on an aside, NEVER believe someone when they tell you they've just safety-checked a weapon...I made that mistake, for the last time ever. It cost me a good monitor, but at least I get my Bose back whole for computer speakers.

BTW, the Bose Acoustic Wave is like an atom...it's mostly empty space.