Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bose QC35 | No Audio on the left side

InFumumVerti

Mar 12, 2022
Hi,
So I was out running with my headphones today and about halfway through I heard the first signs of some loose connection as it was jittering in my left ear. Shortly before I returned home the earpiece gave up completely.
I have tried using the aux port, which works on the right ear, so no broken connection between the two sides it seems. I opened the earpiece up now but I honestly cannot see any loose or broken connection, but these cables really are miniscule so I might be missing something. I have uploaded some files to a imgur album, I really hope I can fix this somehow. Thanks in advance!
https://imgur.com/a/VBRbN7W

IFV

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi, how do the headphones connect to the Bose unit? A 3.5mm audio jack?.
If so, I’d suspect the connection at the jack end. Quite a typical failure point. It breaks just at the entrance to the cables strain relief.
Edit: just looked them up. Wireless.
Check continuity of the wires going from left to right ear piece.

Martin

Last edited:

InFumumVerti

Mar 12, 2022
Hi, how do the headphones connect to the Bose unit? A 3.5mm audio jack?.
If so, I’d suspect the connection at the jack end. Quite a typical failure point. It breaks just at the entrance to the cables strain relief.
Edit: just looked them up. Wireless.
Check continuity of the wires going from left to right ear piece.

Martin
The headphones are connected via Bluetooth, not the 3.5mm jack. And I tested using the aux too, and I get the same problem. I now suspect the driver itself is malfunctioning

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi, did you read the last paragraph in my initial message?

How do you connect AUX?
What side of the earphones has the AUX?
Did you check wiring from Left to Right?

Martin

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Measure across D+ and D- (the wire going to the actual speaker) for continuity. Could be that the speaker coil has gone open circuit which fits with the symptoms you described.