Maker Pro
Maker Pro

BOSE Solo 10 Help - No Power Up - Pics + PCB Part List

DarkRye

Nov 23, 2019
Last word for the night, after removing the defective diode I measured a the frequency and duty cycle at the two terminals (boxed in red) with respect to the DC GND (circled in red). I observed a Duty Cycle of 60Hz with intermittent spikes +80Hz and and a duty cycle of 29.x% wherein the X fluctuates.

I suspect the switching circuit is operating normally - though the spikes are of concern. I will attempt to reinstall the resistor in the area and see if it affects the stability of the switching circuit tomorrow. Suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• photo_2021-04-04_20-00-21.jpg
    photo_2021-04-04_20-00-21.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 38

marathony

Jan 13, 2021
Hi Guys, Haven't had a chance to have a look at the Bose system recently but started looking at it today. For the guys who has problem with their SMPS worth looking at this video bellow. This guy explains how the circuit works and its pretty simple once you break it down in small sections. It might be worth doing this. I will test my Bose board with voltage injection method and see if fires up. will get back to you guys once I've made some progress. Lets fix these units!!!

Enno

Jan 31, 2022
Hi there, check IC Spanison FL032PIF. Heat with hot air and then power on. if the typical tone comes, replace the chip. Is a main problem of the Cinemate 1SR, same chip installed. Problem, device does not start, no 24V power feedback.

FaithGraham

Jan 31, 2022
Yes that is the same as me right now, cant test til I got it wired up again.

I have found this video that actually just got uploaded 1 week ago on youtube.
It is the Bose Solo unit being diagnosed by a youtuber with similar issues. He explains it in more detail, and I understand more about the board now.

Thought it might be of assistance:

Fortunately I have ordered one of the components that he changes out, but might require the other 2 (Smaller Chip he replaces, and the transistor(the one missing in his video)). Will update when I got new components in, and some sort of test results! Parts will be here tomorrow hopefully.
Thanks for sharing this video, it will help me.

Enno

Jan 31, 2022
Are bad solder connections or the memory IC itself. It is best to replace IC with solder pins. Power supply with old power pack from Neato vacuum robot 24Volt 2A.Screenshot_20220131-212026~2.png

Enno

Jan 31, 2022
Are bad solder connections

Attachments

• PXL_20220130_214453904~4.jpg
    PXL_20220130_214453904~4.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 49

viorel

Mar 9, 2022
Hello,
I have a bose solo tv that starts randomly. The power supply is ok and I can't find the problem. Does not seem to enter standby correctly. sometimes it remains with a higher consumption and then it does not start.
Any idea what it might be?
I changed the quarters, I put some filter capacitors ... in vain. When it starts, it works perfectly...

Crunche

Apr 23, 2022
Hi, I have looked at a solo TV which does not turn on at all once powered. The assembly is of very good quality with multi-layer epoxy PCB. Components selection are also good with well-known brands for the passive. The power supply uses a half-bridge driver from Fairchild semi and I believe it is an active-clamp circuitry. On my board, the 24-V is alive but no reaction to the remote control despite good batteries. I checked all the dc-dc regulators to verify for too high a ripple of an absence of dc voltage, all ok. Finally, I realized there was a TI DSP, a D808K023CPTP4, custom-made for Bose. I remember fixing a Yamaha home theater amp a while back and the DSP was also having problems with an early failure issue. TI had released a service note indicating a replacement part. For the solo TV, it can be the same problem. To identify it, I heated up the DSP for a few tens of seconds - do not fry it if you try, remain below 150 °C - and when I powered up the supply, I could hear the bar chiming and then the remote turned the light on. Injecting music via the RCA did produce a good sound. Then, turning it off several times, it did not restart so this is the issue here also. There are some of these DSPs on eBay but I am not sure if once replaced a firmware needs to be flashed around. Anyway, while the solo was alive, I did successfully update the firmware (connect a USB key while the solo is lit, the drive blinks and it extracts configuration data from the solo, then remove it. Download the program from the Bose website and install it on your PC. Run it and it copies the latest update on the drive. Switch the solo off, insert the drive quickly, turn the solo on again and it did update the bar). I could then successfully restart the bar and enjoy it but I doubt it will last. This is really sad as the system if of good construction : {

Poipoi1

Sep 7, 2022
Hi I have a question: " There are two 0603 capacitors out of the cage precisely on the side where there is the usb connector and the optical connector that the tester gives me in short circuit ... Is there anyone who has checked them?"

Marcella321

Sep 7, 2022
It is true to say that four-pole jacks accommodate microphones as well.

I have no idea why the wires are colored the way they are; I don't believe there is a standardized color code for it. Using a multimeter, as agaibh mentioned, is the most effective method to test it and determine what components go in which locations.

Poipoi1

Sep 7, 2022
In realtà ho fatto dei progressi, anche il Bridge Rectifier è stato bruciato.

Identificatore parte " Cina 1409J GBL06 " con spec. " DIODE, BRIDGE RECT, 3A, 600V " secondo un manuale di servizio precedentemente citato in questa discussione. Questa parte esatta è prodotta da Vishay (GBL06-E3/45) , si prega di notare che le dimensioni del pacchetto " 4-SIP, GBL " sono importanti perché si tratta di una parte montata a foro passante ( http://www. vishay.com/docs/88609/gbl005.pdf ).

Nelle immagini migliori di un PCB non danneggiato, sembra un resistore con la scritta " 750 " in alto. Questo mi porta a credere che sia uno dei due resistori specificati " 75 OHM, 0603, .1W, 5% ", ma quando l'ho rimosso ho notato che la sua dimensione fisica è 3,2 * 2,5 mm che corrisponde a una metrica: 3225 o VIA: 1210 nella distinta base. Ho ispezionato un vicino resistore " 471 " che misura correttamente come 470 ohm, ma non corrisponde nemmeno alla dimensione specificata nella distinta base. Credo che l'altro resistore contrassegnato "750", se è presente, sia sotto la gabbia di Faraday DSP che esito a penetrare.

Penso che ordinerò semplicemente un "75 OHM 5% 1/2W 1210" da Panasonic per sostituirlo.

Mi rendo che la dimensione del pacchetto di un resistore non deve avere importanza quando le specifiche più pertinenti alla comunità e la parte si adatta all'impronta, e per fornire alcune informazioni per le persone in cerca di risposte in futuro.

// EDIT: correggere le specifiche del pezzo di ricambio Panasonic.
Is it correct 75 OHM 5% 1/2W 1210?

Poipoi1

Sep 7, 2022
Qual è il valore di questa resistenza?
View attachment 56205
Ciao Sul pin 9 dell'integrato Fan7384 c'è collegato un resistore con un sot323 ... il sot323 dovrebbe essere bat54cw ma non conosco il valore del resistore ... mentre collegato tra ponte diodi e fcd7n60 c'è un resistore 1210 con scritto 75 ||| ... è un 75 ohm? purtroppo su questa scheda ci sono delle cose bruciate e non riesco a trovare i valori per favore aiutatemi... grazie

Poipoi1

Sep 7, 2022
Bene, grazie per queste informazioni! Non ho avuto la possibilità di testarlo davvero. Le tue informazioni sono molto preziose. Bene, ora per rintracciare quel chip... Qualche indizio su quale chip è? Il video di YouTube che ti ho mostrato; Avevo commentato e lui ha risposto dicendo che era il chip FAN o quello. Devo trovare quel "Chip Bose Segreto"! Continuerò a cercare, sembra che ci stiamo avvicinando, sono fiducioso.
Ciao Sul pin 9 dell'integrato Fan7384 c'è collegato un resistore con un sot323 ... il sot323 dovrebbe essere bat54cw ma non conosco il valore del resistore ... mentre collegato tra ponte diodi e fcd7n60 c'è un resistore 1210 con scritto 75 ||| ... è un 75 ohm? purtroppo su questa scheda ci sono delle cose bruciate e non riesco a trovare i valori per favore aiutatemi... grazie

Poipoi1

Sep 7, 2022
Follow up - removal of the freshly burned resistor has restored 120VAC to the bridge diode inner pins and the outer pins report 160VDC. I would prefer to install a fuse before doing more work, though the likelihood of it burning out is quite high as the damage has not yet been diagnosed. I have marked these points on the PCB for reference.

Ho collegato la guida 24VDC alla scheda per tracciare dove inizia la guida 24VDC e dove va. Ho notato che le tensioni attraverso il diodo sono sbagliate (D1301, D2PAK SMD/SMT Dual Common Cathode, STPS10170CG-TR ). C'è una caduta di tensione trascurabile in entrambe le direzioni nonostante il suo design come un diodo al silicio. Quindi questo è o un nuovo fallimento o uno di cui non ero a conoscenza in precedenza. Non ho sostituito il chip descritto nel post n. 19, quindi è possibile che il problema alla radice sia isolato dal circuito di commutazione.

View attachment 51472
io need a better quality of this picture plesae

Poipoi1

Sep 7, 2022
Ciao Sul pin 9 dell'integrato Fan7384 c'è collegato un resistore con un sot323 ... il sot323 dovrebbe essere bat54cw ma non conosco il valore del resistore ... mentre collegato tra ponte diodi e fcd7n60 c'è un resistore 1210 con scritto 75 ||| ...è un 75 ohm? purtroppo su questa scheda ci sono delle cose bruciate e non riesco a trovare i valori per favore aiutatemi... grazie
75 mOhms

proditaki

Jun 16, 2023
I'm having issues with this speaker as well.
First it stopped working. Then it turned on with only a constant red LED. Now it's not turning on AS well.

Ther 24V DC supply is present. The 6V is present.

Theres a buck converter that generates 5v for the (among other things) the USB. That's getting supply voltage from the 6V but no Enable signal. Any Ideas?

backpaqer

Jun 23, 2023
Hi there, check IC Spanison FL032PIF. Heat with hot air and then power on. if the typical tone comes, replace the chip. Is a main problem of the Cinemate 1SR, same chip installed. Problem, device does not start, no 24V power feedback.
Where would the FL032PIF be on the Cinemate 1SR? The Cinemate board is blue and I can't see anything like the photos you've provided on it. I'm going with a FAN7384/LM5021-1 swap-out as I'm not getting any voltages beyond that area, have ordered a STX616 NPN just in case while I'm there as these parts don't seem to exist in Australia and they're all shipping in from China. I do like the idea of just getting a rock-solid 24VDC bench supply and ditching the Bose rubbish supply. The same guy who designed this must have done a stint at Bosch as their battery chargers suffered from underspecced resistors.