Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bose Sounddock power supply bypass option?

RedlandsR-C

Mar 23, 2023
Hello, I think this is the appropriate sub-forum (if not please relocate).

I have a Bose Sounddock from ~2005 that has worked great until recently. About 5 years ago it stopped running off the battery pack, so I had it constantly plugged in with the power adaptor. Within the past month it has just made the "power on/power off" noise consistently and finally stopped playing music. (I only run audio through the aux-in jack)

Is there a way to bypass the battery pack/power adaptor that I can run directly to my wall outlet? I'm willing to try to tackle the project as I can't make a broken thing worse. I love the way it sounds, so I'd like to get it functional again. I've done some internet searching but I'm a little lost on where to start even though there are quite a few videos/hacks about the Bose products.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Is there a way to bypass the battery pack/power adaptor that I can run directly to my wall outlet?
Try a new power pack/adaptor.

It should have the voltage and current rating shown on it - any power pack that matches the voltage and has AT LEAST the current rating shown should work. You might have to fit your own DC plug on it though (unless you buy the proper replacement).