Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bose Wave AWR1-1W Series 3 circuit board photograph request

Jeremy C

Dec 3, 2017
IMG_20171202_211706391.jpg Anybody have a good photograph of the bottom of the main PCB (part number 187606) for a Bose Series III Wave Radio? I'm specifically looking for the area of C2 and C12 as there's a small crater in the board I'm working on there, and I'm trying to fix it up. I've got the service manual, but the scan of that page isn't clear, so I'm looking for a color photo.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Jeremy C e e e e e e . . . . .

I no can do bumpie-bumpie . . . .as all of my 3 units are I and II series, with their round toroid power transformers cores and yours is using the central placed, conventional cored unit, . . . . . plus there is being some power supply circuitry variancy.
With your low numbered series designators on those caps, I am suspecting one to be an electrolytic which you should be able to still read cap and voltage from. AND if the other is being a surface mount layered ceramic capacitor, that shunts across that electrolytic, it is a .047 ufd unit used as a HF bypass / shunt.

WHAAAAAAA --- HOPPPEN ? someone spill a sugary Coke on it and it drained down onto the PCB and it started burning in the PS section ?

If that central area has CARBONIZED, the only hope is use of a Dremel tool and cut off wheel and burrs/stones to cut out all of the bad area. EVEN if leaving a hole. And then, possibly some flying leads for replacing cut out bad foil .

You will have to rely VERY heavily upon the schematic for accounting of all involved connections and I only see 2 heated up vias at the top and 1 at the bottom, but it looks like they all may have survived and still have both side, board continuity, of their foil interconnects.

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator: