Maker Pro
Maker Pro

bose wave music system III --- display is blank

Pradip Dighe

Oct 12, 2019
I have bose wave music system III purchased in 2010. Display has gone dark when I switch it on after a gap of two months. It has 16 pin connector and 16 way flat cable. Can any body help me please ? 5Vdc supply is ok. Tuner, cd, and aux. is working fine.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Pradip Dighe . . . . .

Confirm the presence of pertinent supply voltages as far down the respective supply lines as possible .

It requires the presence of . . . . .

MINUS 21 volts at the BLUE boxed areas
PLUS 5 V at the RED box area
Plus 10V at the ORANGE box area.
And between the two GREEN boxes expect approx 2.7 AC voltage for the displays filament .

Circuit Relevant Schematic Snippet . . . . .

upload_2019-10-12_8-55-55.png

upload_2019-10-12_9-21-39.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

Confucius say . . . . . Man who run in front of car get tired . . . Man who run behind car get exhausted.

Last edited:

Pradip Dighe

Oct 12, 2019
Thanks for your prompt reply. The circuit diagram you sent is not matching with my model. It seems I have quoted wrong model. I am sorry for that. Mine must be prior to WMS III. I approach to Bose for knowing the model number. But they also could not help me. Mine is CD radio wave music system without any button on it and all operations are on remote. (Purchased in 2010 ) The display has 16 pin socket on it. I shall be thankful if some body can help me. I have checked 16 way ribbon cable and found it ok. Thanks.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Pradip Dighe . . . . . . . ( ¿ Why for ? . . . it not being Pradeep ? )

You say . . .
It seems I have quoted wrong model

Model number, MODEL NUMBER, what model number . . . I don't seem to be finding ANY model number on my newer generation units on their ID stickers . BUT they are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN to give their serial numbers on that sticker.

All of my units use that shade of blue / green lit up display . . .so that is why I included that photo ALSO.

On one other like BOSE wave situation . . . where the poster dropped off responding , that units display was apparently different also. . . . on a series II unit.

VIEWING REFERENCE . . . . .

bose-acoutic-wave-ii-panel1-jpg.24887

I perceive of this display shown above as being a transmissive type of LCD display, and a logical cause would be for the backlighting source, or its power supply, to have failed.
Be it using cutting edge electroluminescent . . . or old school . . .incandescant lamp (s).

Possibly you can give us GOOD closeup photos of the involved area of YOUR unit..

73's de Edd . . . . .

The reason that cream costs so much more than milk . . . . is because its more involved and expensive to train the cows to sit with their udders teats on all those small bottles.

Last edited:

qecvxwlz

Mar 26, 2022
You know, the bose wave music system III and the bose wave radio series III are different models with similar names. I also need info on the first one, not the second one.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
I perceived of the . . .
" the Bose wave music system III and the bose wave radio series III are different models "
As the radio solely being a radio only and the "music system" as having a CD player. The earlier ones had a top cover CD player, while the later units had a front bottom center slot for CD entry.
The top schematic is for a VFD fluorescent type of display but its display segments are not exactly laid out as the one shown.
Any chance that this is your unit ? . . . . . . .with several photos given

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313930232095?hash=item4917b3311f:g:qyoAAOSwZ4ViPiJ0

What is your units problem . . . .info needed ?

73's de Edd . . . . .