Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Brake/Tail lights on R/C

Dec 21, 2008
Hi guys,
This has probably already been posted but I wasn't able to find anything on it offhand.

I would like to get a brake/tail light setup going on my trophy truck. Basically two LED's that are always on at a dim setting and then when brakes are applied they switch to a brighter setting.

It's a two channel setup with one servo on the steering and the power controlled by a electronic speed control. The speed control is a regenerative type that uses motor power to apply brakes. For options I also have a 3rd channel open on my receiver that is controlled by the controller that provides 5v when switched on.

Not sure if it makes a difference but it's also a brushless setup. So the motor has 3 leads going to it instead of the two standard. I can get specs on the speed control if needed.

I remember setting something up like this years ago but it wasn't dual intensity. It was just an on or off thing. Is it possible to wire this up? Figure if you guys can't figure it out no one could! :))

Thanks for the help and let me know if there's anything I left out as far as details.
Mike