Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Building a device with a bluetooth module, LCD and controller

Nander

Nov 11, 2014
I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to building electronic devices in general, but I'm thinking about building a wristmounted device that uses a bluetooth module to receive very small amounts of data(a bunch of integers) to then display that data on a small LCD. After a bit of research I discovered the component I would need to use to control the LCD is called a microcontroller. I figure I'll be capable enough to learn how to program this controller, but I'm not entirely sure if there are tiny bluetooth modules capable of receiving actual files. The tiny bluetooth modules I found on several websites were capable of using TTL, which according to wikipedia is a way of using logic in electrical circuits. Is it possible to transfer data from another device to one of these modules while using this TTL and how am I to connect a bluetooth module to a microcontroller(do I need some kind of intermediate component?) ?

I don't want my inexperience to make this impossible so I would appreciate any help you guys can offer me!

garublador

Oct 14, 2014
Do you have links to datasheets for any of these parts? We could probably guess at what you want, but it would be a lot better if we were able to interpret the specifications ourselves.