Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Building a tilt sensor with an audible alarm...

Kairos

Dec 17, 2023
Hello, I'm an absolute newbie with zero experience with anything like this. However, I would like to build a sensor that emits an audible alarm using metal ball tilt switch sensors that will alert an operator when it goes from a vertical position to a horizontal position and that stays in that position for a set amount of time. Can anyone tell me the components that would be necessary to build such a battery powered device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you... https://www.amazon.com/Gikfun-Switc...63-bd09-cae82060dd77&pd_rd_i=B00R2MQD1Y&psc=1

Kairos

Dec 17, 2023

mineymoe

Nov 14, 2023
That's so cool that you're getting into this stuff. Building electronic projects is very rewarding. Don't worry about being a newbie, we all start somewhere. @danadak gave some great pointers on components to get you started. And those videos will definitely help visualize solutions. Just take it one step at a time and you'll learn something new with each build.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
What is the power source? What is the alarm/beeper? The loudness and amount of power determines part of the circuit.

How long is the delay before it starts beeping?

How long does it beep before it shuts itself off? Or does it beep forever until the sensor is un-tilted?

Do you want to build a small circuit or buy pre-made modules and wire them together?

ak