Maker Pro
Maker Pro

buttons for bluetooth receiver

turbogt16v

Mar 27, 2015
hy.
i have a small ridle,that i think, can be solved.
i would like to triger bluetooth module buttons ,volume u and down, through potentiometer.
i don't know what tipe of pot is it, it rotates free, has 3 pin, and when i connect 2 led to 2 pins,it lights 1 led and then 2 one when i rotate clock wise.counter clockwise 2 and then 1,very shortly after. it lights for split second and then stops.
my question is, is there a way, without arduino, to block the second starting pin for that split second, so i could connect those pins to Bluetooth module, and have pot controlled volume.
ty

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
When the Bluetooth module uses pushbutton switches to control the volume then a pot cannot be used instead.
Why did you connect the pot (and a battery?) to two LEDs?

If the volume changes each time a volume pushbutton is pressed then an LM3914 LED controller can be wired so that a pot is used to set its input voltage. Then when you turn up the pot a little it makes one or two up volume steps and when you turn up the pot to maximum the LM3914 makes four or five up volume steps. Extra steps are used to make the pauses between volume steps. A second LM3914 and pot can be used to turn down the volume.
Edit: I don't think an LM3914 can make steps with pauses between them.

turbogt16v

Mar 27, 2015
i connected pot to led, to se the working principle. it is pot from a microwave.
did not know about LM3914.
ty

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
That is a quadrature encoder. You can only know which way it is rotated by the order of the pulses on the two outputs. A microcontroller could be employed easily to convert each pair of pulses to a push of either the up or down button. Doing so with logic circuits could also be done, but would be complicated and require more chips.

Bob

turbogt16v

Mar 27, 2015
yes it is prob encoder, i open it, it has only pins to connect when rotate.