Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Buzzing sound in speakers

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
I use the input from the audio jack on my mobile phone and connect it to the amplifier. I usually turn the volume in my phone down(will be set to 30%) as my amplifier amplifies it to a great extent . Anything above 70% will make the music jarring , my speakers won't be able to handle that.
The phone volume is turned down and the amplifier volume is turned up so that another reason why there is lots of interference picked up.
Instead, turn up the phone volume (but less than clipping distortion (you call it jarring?) then turn down the amplifier volume so that the music does not have clipping distortion and the interference noise is also turned down.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
That was the point I was trying to get at. You don't want a high gain amplifier driven by an earphone jack.

A related question, if anyone knows this. When you turn down the volume on a phone, is it doing that digitally, i.e. by feeding smaller numbers into the DAC or is there an analog reduction in the output voltage. If it is the former, using it at low volume makes the sound more distorted because you are effectively using a lower resolution DAC.

Bob

Karthik rajagopal

May 9, 2016
The phone volume is turned down and the amplifier volume is turned up so that another reason why there is lots of interference picked up.
Instead, turn up the phone volume (but less than clipping distortion (you call it jarring?) then turn down the amplifier volume so that the music does not have clipping distortion and the interference noise is also turned down.
Sure .Thanks for telling me about this way of reducing the noise interference .:)

Karthik rajagopal

May 9, 2016
That was the point I was trying to get at. You don't want a high gain amplifier driven by an earphone jack.

A related question, if anyone knows this. When you turn down the volume on a phone, is it doing that digitally, i.e. by feeding smaller numbers into the DAC or is there an analog reduction in the output voltage. If it is the former, using it at low volume makes the sound more distorted because you are effectively using a lower resolution DAC.

Bob
That was a clear explanation . I will have my phone volume high and amplifier's volume low. Thank you !