Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: CAD program pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perlauritz

Sep 25, 2016
I would like to buy an old version of Number One System Easy-PC cad. For a number of years I used a DOS-version, but I need a version which can be run on Windows XP or Vista. The simplest Easy-PC version will do as I am using it only for hobby.
Perlauritz

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Have you looked at Kicad? , Free and supported by Cern.
The earlier build will run on XP, latest build is for Win7/10.
Plenty of supplied manuals and 3rd party tutorials out there.
M.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
I realize now I may have muddied the issue a little, Kicad is a Schematic capture/PC board program not really a (engineering) CAD per-se.
M.

Perlauritz

Sep 25, 2016
I realize now I may have muddied the issue a little, Kicad is a Schematic capture/PC board program not really a (engineering) CAD per-se.
M.

Ok. Thanks for notifying me. I need an old (outdated) cad software pack from one special manufacturer (UK) to be able to run my old cad files. These are created using the DOS version of the program, but no PC runs MS-DOS any more. Therefore I try to get an early Windows version. I am awaiting reply from the UK manufacturer if there are any restrictions conserning copyright, etc. on software more than 10 years old.
Regards.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Actually there is a copy of MS-DOS 7.1 ISO out there still I believe, IIRC someone had stripped it from WIN98 or XP.
It has the extra features such as long file names etc.
I install it on some PC's I have using some Acronis S/W that allows a choice of different operating systems to load at boot up time.
I could probably send it if you cannot find it.
I did a Google and it appears there is still sites with it.
M.

Perlauritz

Sep 25, 2016
Actually there is a copy of MS-DOS 7.1 ISO out there still I believe, IIRC someone had stripped it from WIN98 or XP.
It has the extra features such as long file names etc.
I install it on some PC's I have using some Acronis S/W that allows a choice of different operating systems to load at boot up time.
I could probably send it if you cannot find it.
I did a Google and it appears there is still sites with it.
M.

Thank you again. I shall look into the possibility of using the old cad with a dos solution that you suggest.
Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.