Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can an 74AUP1G06 Inverter drive an LED?

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
A logical 0 is not a physical ground for the current to be able to circulate
Then you're not going to like this.
Current does not circulate current does not flow rap your head around that one!

I swear, I understand inverter as far as logical signal
You kiss your parents with that mouth. swearing is not allowed you know this.
More reading is in order.
You need a very patient teacher.
Good luck to you

lax

Sep 12, 2021
Then you're not going to like this.
Current does not circulate current does not flow rap your head around that one!

That's how they thought me in my electrical engineering classes. Mind you, those were in French ... I'll continue to go with the flow ;)
As for my other non oedipal issues, I had mis-understood the function of the part I was using. I will simply build the logic inverter with the NPN transistor and try not be so cool next time. I loved the size of the part but wasted so much time and money ...
I will K.I.S.S. my circuits with my mouth next time.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
French? Well that explains it.
You going to need that exceptional sense of humor of yours. I'll see you when you can use S.W.A.G.
Don't worry you'll be okay,I've seen it in my crystal ball.
And to answer your next question. "Don't bother" I already know what you're going to say. Crystal ball remember!!
:p

Reactions: lax

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
View attachment 59153View attachment 59156

TI design vs my design. TI's LED diode seems backwards ...

I'm simply trying to turn ON an LED on logical 0.
Would you happen to have a breadboard?. U5, Pin2. I cannot tell how or if terminated.(the portion of the schematic which is critical to your question is missing) But it doesn't matter other than if it's floating, it'll work either way and by the way the position of the resistor does not matter it could be before the LED or after the LED with reference to ground.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
That's how they thought me in my electrical engineering classes. Mind you, those were in French ... I'll continue to go with the flow
I was taught that way as well.
Alongside the electron orbiting in an elliptical field around the nucleus of an atom. They are "Fallacies" but it does paint a picture in the head.
These analogies are adequate with respect to electronic circuit theory.

lax

Sep 12, 2021
Would you happen to have a breadboard?. U5, Pin2. I cannot tell how or if terminated.(the portion of the schematic which is critical to your question is missing) But it doesn't matter other than if it's floating, it'll work either way and by the way the position of the resistor does not matter it could be before the LED or after the LED with reference to ground.
The full schematic is in the OG post. This is an attachment connecting to a bus coming from a RPI4 GPIO, driven by a transistor. It's driving a bit shifter. That circuit has a [imath]\overline{OFF}[/imath] . I want to display (the reverse of ) its state with an external LED. I have already redesigned using a transistor

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I want to display (the reverse of ) its state with an external LED.
Apart from the considerations with respect to LED current you don't necessarily need an inverter. A suitably wired LED can indicate either logig HIGH or logic LOW:
1685617804337.png