Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can an Integrated Circuit break

leeadamaa

Aug 6, 2012
i am currently in the midst of testing an old Tape Deck out with tons of cool features....but so far the rewind and FF work the pause and stop work but the play does not....after several days we have finally decided it may be 2 of the 6 ICs but we do not know if they broke because they were faulty or something else caused them to break....I will provide information to the best of my knoledge on demand and pictures if need be

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
How does play not work? No tape motion, or no sound?

leeadamaa

Aug 6, 2012
sound works fine we can trip the unit to play by jumping a transistor......the sound is fine....but the button doesnt work...tape motion is fine as well

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
The play button usually serves two purposes, one to move/engage the rollers and play head and two it should trigger a switch when fully engaged that turns on the motor, have you verified it's actually engaging the switch that turns on the motor?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Replace the button?

If you short out the contacts on the button does it work?

Your answer isn't overly helpful. When you press the play button, what happens, and what doesn't happen. Is the "button" connected mechanically to (say) the idler roller?

What type of tape deck? Cassette? Cartridge? Reel-to-reel?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
This thread isnt micro controllers so moved it to repair section :)

Dave

leeadamaa

Aug 6, 2012
Okay its a teac v2rx cassette deck i have the service manual with the plans and test points...im currently at college right now so my answers will be slow i can answer to yhe best of my knoledge till about 5:30pm then i can test things the button is electronicly connected through caps and transistors resistors etc and the button is good we tested it out a few times its a non toggle button