Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can any one help me to replace resistor (read detail of this thead) (AEOLUS 936 Soldering Station)

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Your bigger issue is the fact that a solid wire link to the top right of those resistors has also melted which means simply replacing those resistors will only result in them blowing up again. The fault is more 'traumatic' than a couple of blown resistors!

medgard789

Mar 6, 2022
Your bigger issue is the fact that a solid wire link to the top right of those resistors has also melted which means simply replacing those resistors will only result in them blowing up again. The fault is more 'traumatic' than a couple of blown resistors!
its ok I can replace it the sordering station is to old, some of resisror or nay component is failng, I try to replace and test it, so no need to buy new board for that soldering station.

medgard789

Mar 6, 2022

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
No need for now just try to fix it, resistor is just 0.10$, try 1st fixing befor buying.
Replacing those resistors (and the blown link) won't fix the problem. Components don't blow up 'for the sake of it' - there is ALWAYS an underlying cause and that cause, in your case, hasn't been determined. The fault condition indicates that there is a shorted power-control component somewhere (maybe more than one) and without further investigation using a schematic and the right test equipment you will have to replace part-after-part (maybe repeatedly) until you get to the right (broken) one.

A couple of 10c resistors, in this case, might well turn into $10+ worth of parts - not to mention the time and effort involved.

Not my decision to make, of course, but this is as far as any advice I will be forwarding on the subject. Good luck.

medgard789

Mar 6, 2022
I check the board again and trace it at the back, and I notice 1 of the resistor is connected on the one of the LED (power indicator LED) its mean that 2 resistor is resistor for each LED, the one that burn is connedted to MOC3023 chip that controll the LED to blink/steady when in operation (2 LED = one is power indecator and the other one is heating indicator steady is heating and blinking is finish heating on the desire heat or maybe oposite/reverse I forgot lol)

just try replacing it,