Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can anyone make a remote controller

ghostrider_millenial

Dec 8, 2012
Greetings,

I know someone who is looking for a remote controller for a robot. He needs one that can control 64 motors. Right now he has an A box and a B box but he doesn't have a C and D box.

He would like either a box that can control 64 motors or a c and d box respectively. He is willing to pay for this. If you can help please let me know.

sincerely,

ghostrider_millenial

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Do you have a budget? Distance requirements? How are the 64 channels controlled, 64 buttons? Joystick?

ghostrider_millenial

Dec 8, 2012
My friend wants to talk to you personally. That way there is less miscommunication. I can give his real email and phone in a private message.

By the way, about price he says the cheaper the better. But he recently bought a 200 dollar robot. So I think something about that range would be better.

Edit: Something in the 200 range would be good.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
just a quick look at this and another few questions,
the motors only move 1 way or does he want forwards and reverse?
does he require speed control as well on this?
are there 64 independant motors orare there 2 or 3 or more hooked up to the same thing to provide more torque?
and what sort of transmission is he after? I mean range on the remote

ghostrider_millenial

Dec 8, 2012
contact information

Greetings,

His email is [email protected], and his phone number is 607-846-7131. I wanted to private message the information but I can't since I don't have enough posts yet. So hopefully he won't get too many robocalls.

sincerely,

ghostrider_millenial

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I will send an email later tonight...

Do note that there are A LOT of variables that need to be considered, for example controlling 64 LEDs is a whole lot easier then controlling a motor or servos and thus the price to design said circuit can be all over the place depending upon the requirements...

ghostrider_millenial

Dec 8, 2012
I didn't get the email. I sent an email with the link to this site to the guy wants the remote controller. So hopefully he will join the site.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Sorry I forgot to send the email, been a little distracted with a bad case of Sciatica that has made even getting out of bed a challenge...

Superman

Dec 10, 2012
12oECVf

Hi I’m the guy ghostrider_millenial was talking about. What I am looking for information on is how to alter a control box put out by Robotix. If I did it right a picture of the 75 dollar unit should be showing above this text. It consists of a transmitter and a receiver that you can hook 4 DC motors up to. Depending on which way the switches are pressed on the transmitter unit said motors will run in either forward or reverse. They only make an A and a B box both of which I have and the boxes are identical except for the frequency they transmit on. I need a C and a D box for a project I’m working on. I need to know if it would be possible to convert 2more boxes to act as C and D. If it is I need to know how much additional cost it would be over the initial costs of the units. You guys may be overqualified for what should be a simple task.

I’ll be looking forward to your replies
Superman

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
picture not working. If you have to upload to imageshack (or any other picture hosting site) and post the link for us.

Superman

Dec 10, 2012
Well the1st link http://sdrv.ms/12oECVf is from my sky drive and leads directly to the picture of what I am talking about. The second link http://www.roboticsandthings.com/ leads to a parts page on line and what I’m talking about is listed as Item 57. If these links don’t work it may be because I don’t have sufficient posts on this board to be allowed to post links. If that is the case I’d need you to post an e-mail address for me to send the links to.

Superman

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
the links work perfectly.
so you got all the parts?
and you want to make 2 more recievers? that operate on a frequency that your remote is set at?
or do you want to make a new remote on a frequecy different to your existing one?

Superman

Dec 10, 2012
My A and B remotes each have their own transmitter, receiver and frequency. I need to know if by changing whatever part controls the frequency if I can buy more of them and Create a C and D and possibly E and F boxes and add their respective receivers into the mix. It's for a project where I teach kids to work together by giving each of them partial control over a robot.

Superman

ghostrider_millenial

Dec 8, 2012
Greetings,

I talked to him today and he wants the remote to control one section of the robot. He doesn't want one to control more then one motor. I hope that helps.

sincerely,

Ghostrider_millenial

Superman

Dec 10, 2012
Almost right Steve. Each controller can control 4 motors making them go in forward or reverse. To do what I want to do project wise I need at least 2 more units on different frequencies than the 2 I already have. What I need to know is how hard it would be to convert them to different channels than they are already using. At 75 dollars apiece I’d like to know before I buy 2more just to find out that they can’t be converted. I’m on a rather tight budget project wise. Eventually I hope to create on line versions of the transmitters using tech similar to how a Spykee bot is controlled. Then it can operated over the Internet so the folks operating the robot don’t all have to be in the same location. Imagine the possibilities of an on line group separated by distance working together to operate a Tele-presence robot in a real world location.

Superman