Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can I replace L78MS05 5ZVW with L78MS05 6SWN

blacklizard

Apr 18, 2023
Hi,

I have a Toyota Fortuner 2007 model it used to give a problem of instrument cluster flickering lights and gauges turning off and on and after a drive of say 200 meters they stabilize and come on...it was doing this for a while then all of a sudden the whole instrument cluster/dashboard never turned on. After some google and youtubing i found some guy fixed by replacing two capacitors which i did and the dashboard worked fine for like 4 years. now it started again. I change the capacitors still didnt help. I changed ALL the capacitors..still problem is there.. now after google some parts i realise the component L78MS05 5ZVW has to do with power/voltage so maybe i need to replace this.. but I havent got this part exactly i only get L78MS05 XXXX but the rest of the remainig numbers are different. so my question can I interchange these as maybe they are of the same family ?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to maker.pro.
Those 'remaining numbers' identify different case styles/mountings, e.g. through-hole or surface mount. The style/mounting affects heat dissipation and hence power handling ability. You would need to check datasheets to identify which variant is appropriate for your use.