Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can someone help me figure out what i'm looking for?

TacticalJHP

Jun 11, 2014
Hello,

I'm looking for a specific piece of tech. No idea what it is called.

It is about the size and shape of a quarter, and it has two wires coming out of it.

I try to explain it to the guy at radio shack, but he gives me a look like i'm speaking german.

Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Ah, ich weiß, was Sie wollen. Es ist ein Viertel-Dollar mit zwei Drähten aus dem Gerät kommt.
Sie sind sehr schwer, hier zu bekommen, aber zum Glück habe ich eine Sammlung von Quartalen.

Welche Art von Quartalen, die Sie verwenden? Dies ist sehr wichtig!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hello,
It is about the size and shape of a quarter, and it has two wires coming out of it.
I try to explain it to the guy at radio shack, but he gives me a look like i'm speaking german.
Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

and what is it supposed to do ? .... ie. what's its purpose

I could give you a button battery that size with a couple of wires off it, but it probably isn't what you want ??

cheers
Dave

TacticalJHP

Jun 11, 2014
and what is it supposed to do ? .... ie. what's its purpose

I could give you a button battery that size with a couple of wires off it, but it probably isn't what you want ??

cheers
Dave

It is to be put in a small spot and the wires connected to a battery box to complete a circuit and give a charge.

the piece of tech i'm describing has a separated positive and negative side, so just a piece of metal wont work for what i need.

Actually, a button battery with wires is pretty close, accurate description.

For everyone else, danke.

TacticalJHP

Jun 11, 2014
It's not a capacitor, and it's not the flux capacitor. I'm not trying to build a time machine here. (if i did, i would go back and buy a couple of these things when i saw them before)

it would be more like a connector for a battery box.

The button battery with wires description really stuck in my head...

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK guys
the joke has gone far enough
I have deleted a bunch of posts as a tidy up of the thread

lets stick with the problem

Dave

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
It is to be put in a small spot and the wires connected to a battery box to complete a circuit and give a charge.

the piece of tech i'm describing has a separated positive and negative side, so just a piece of metal wont work for what i need.
Actually, a button battery with wires is pretty close, accurate description.
For everyone else, danke.

hi TacticalJHP

as much as I want to help, without an actual description of what this device is or what its specifically supposed to do
it's really difficult to offer any good response ( hence the comical responses from some )

when someone reads ....

you have to understand how totally vague that is.

Have you actually seen one of these devices and want to replicate it ?
if so, where ... give an internet link so we can see what it looks like

without something specific information to go on, there isn't much I (or anyone) can do to help

you say a button battery is sorta close .... so this thing supplies power to something else rather than being supplied with power ?
if so, what do you want to power with it ?

regards
Dave

TacticalJHP

Jun 11, 2014
hi TacticalJHP

as much as I want to help, without an actual description of what this device is or what its specifically supposed to do
it's really difficult to offer any good response ( hence the comical responses from some )

when someone reads ....

you have to understand how totally vague that is.

Have you actually seen one of these devices and want to replicate it ?
if so, where ... give an internet link so we can see what it looks like

without something specific information to go on, there isn't much I (or anyone) can do to help

you say a button battery is sorta close .... so this thing supplies power to something else rather than being supplied with power ?
if so, what do you want to power with it ?

regards
Dave

Yea, i understand it is really vague. And i apologize. I'm not the best at describing things.

I have seen these devices before, but i don't have an Internet link to them. If i did, i would just order a bunch.

A button battery is VERY close to size and shape. It transfers power from the battery box (which is separate, connected by wires) into the device.

It just has to power some LEDs. But the space inside the device is limited, so the battery box has to be outside.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Are you talking about a driver board that connects to a battery then a high power LED?

Or are you talking about power transmitted *wirelessly* from the batteries to the LEDs?

TacticalJHP

Jun 11, 2014
did some searching on driver boards, and i don't think that's what i'm looking for, but i think i might have found something else that will work out in place of what I was needing.

Thanks. One never knows how an idea will bloom.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Why are you so cagey about the function of this thing? If you want one, you must surely know what it does, or at least, what it will be connected to. Why not tell us?

Bob

TacticalJHP

Jun 11, 2014
Why are you so cagey about the function of this thing? If you want one, you must surely know what it does, or at least, what it will be connected to. Why not tell us?

Bob

It just has to power some LEDs. But the space inside the device is limited, so the battery box has to be outside.

"Cagey?"

I didn't think so.

I didn't expect to have to submit pictures of my project or draw a diagram of it either.

All i asked was help with identifying one piece that i did not know what it was called so i could order them. Apparently, this was such an absurd request to be met by German jokes.

Since i have found a work around for my project, thanks to *steve* mentioning driver boards, I'm no longer needing your help.

Thank you.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
I didn't expect to have to submit pictures of my project or draw a diagram of it either.
Well, you expect wrongly. We often require both of those in order to help someone. Look at some of the other threads in the forum. In any case, you were much less forthcoming than that, you did not say what your project is.

If you had said, "I am making an LED flashlight, and I need the little round board that goes between the batteries and the LED", which is what Steve's crystal ball told him, we could have been of more help.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
My first thought was that he was making a throwy, then a torch, now I have no idea.

I love these guessing games.

By the way, TacticaljHP, you got the German because the guy in in Radio Shack was probably absolutely justified in his response if you told him no more than you told us. I would have said you were speaking gibberish, except that (a) you said so little that you were effectively saying nothing at all, and (b) Google translate doesn't do gibberish.

I'm not sure if your project is "Sooper Secret" and you can't tell us, or if you just don't know what you are doing. Either way it becomes really hard to help.

And now we have 15 posts with a total information content of zero.