Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can someone help me identify this electronic component

jayad

Apr 28, 2022
Hello there
Newbie here. Found this component while cleaning the garage, battery still attached to it. Trying to find out what it is and if I can safely discard.

I first thought maybe a broken keyfob, but keyfobs generally do not have a battery soldered to it.

Thanks to all in advance for helping me.
12345678.jpg 123456789.jpg

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hello there
Newbie here. Found this component while cleaning the garage, battery still attached to it. Trying to find out what it is and if I can safely discard.

I first thought maybe a broken keyfob, but keyfobs generally do not have a battery soldered to it.

Thanks to all in advance for helping me.
View attachment 55015 View attachment 55016

you want to know component or unit ? be more specific :) :)

the "component" wrapped in yellow is a battery

anything else, please specify

jayad

Apr 28, 2022
you want to know component or unit ? be more specific :) :)

the "component" wrapped in yellow is a battery

anything else, please specify

Hi Dave

I wanted to know what the unit is. I thought it was the remote control for a LED strip light but it turns out it is not.

jayad

Apr 28, 2022
Bump. Anyone? Still trying to identify this thing.

Old gaming console with rechargeable button battery soldered in? Battery probably too weak for that?
The SW-200 - is that a ball/tilt switch? Would that indicate a device that requires to have functionality in different physical positions ie horizontal/vertical?

jayad

Apr 28, 2022
Hi Davenn
What do you mean how much bigger is the board? That is the board. It is not any bigger. That is the entire setup I found and took a front and back picture.

Did you mean what is written on the other side the standard SW-200 ball tilt switch? I already discarded the whole item. I am trying to figure out what the entire setup is, and was hoping that there were some experts here who can take a glance at the setup and the combination of components, take a guess and tell me what it is.

you have only shown a portion of the board ... doesnt really help anyone help you :(

how much bigger is the board ?

what is written on the other side ?

I do not have the item any more.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

GRRRRRRRRRRRR . . . . .RRRRRRRRRR . . . . . . RRRRRRRR !!!!!!
WHASSAMATTAH YOU !

Any intelligent person or packaratama extremus . . .would have kept that unit for its discrete parts !

BOARDS FIRST SIDE

On photo 1, the presence of X1 looks as being a 32,768 kc or ? freq crystal . . . . so it should be associated with some degree of sophisticated associative circuitry . . .eg . . . .a microchip on the board and the only space available seems to be in the area under the yellow wrapped battery / cell.

Expected microchip being used . . . . with black epoxy conformal coating . . . .Chip On Board

upload_2022-5-8_6-24-24.png

On other parts,the white D1 is suggestive of a diode set but only being on one board side and not resembling the casing used on any that I have ever seen.
The gray cased YUSAN R1 SW-200 R1 certainly looks too large to be a resistor associated with circuitry powered with that pip squeak cells capability.
NOTE that the one lead visible, of its two, is being . . . .GOLD FLASHED.

I have seen that done on reed switches . . . . . also, this doesn't resemble a ball switch . . as .suggested by others, with it having separate axial leads . . .instead of using radial leads, mounted on only one end.
Also, it seems that half of it is resting down in a channel in a WHITE plastic block . . .I wanted more info on that !
The only other info is the BT1 . . . .which is BaTtery 1 . . .part designation .

THE BOARDS OTHER SIDE . . . .

Looks like this products development time was back in 11-13-2006.
Looking at that WHITE plastic block, is it loose fitting enough to slide up and down the GRAY YUSHIN portion, and is there a rod / bar magnet molded within the white block ?
Just above the marked T7-T6-T9 test points seems to be an exposed push button switch, excluding its very top contact disc. One outer ring and a concentric inner ring and then ? ? ? for the treatment of the innermost rectangular area and 3 contact(s).

Then there is only the cell and its tri -pin peripheral solder pins and the single other battery contact solder pin near T5.
Looks like final insulative / protective black epoxy blobs were placed on all 4 pins after soldered in.
Pulling the cell by de soldering those 4 pins would be in order to be able to see what is mounted under the battery /cell.
BUT . . . .only 6 cross board inter-connective vias are being seen, and with use of QUITE hefty traces and which is NOT conducive to being C.O.B. connections (small / fine ).
And finally there is all of the white contamination on part of the board, and I'm not immediately blaming the SPACED APART cell for all of that leakage .

NOW I DONES GONNA TELLS YOU . . . .
Most LIKELY . . . .

This could have even been a mini flashlight, for finding keyholes at night with its missing lamp / LED connected at the T9 area, using the press or slide activated reed switch as mentioned.
Any other application would qualify use of a replaceable or rechargeable battery with timely exchange.
This unit . . . . a light that gets infrequent 15 second uses . . . .ergo one shot battery . . . . throw away unit . . . .99 cent store.
( Excluding . . . . .WHY the mounted X1 ? ? ? ? ? xtal. )

WHAT SAY YE ?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaasit . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

jayad

Apr 28, 2022
I know. I should have kept the darn thing.
Question:
-why would a throwaway flashlight need a ball/tilt switch to open/close the circuit when the unit is tilted in different directions?
-the crystal and the tilt switch combo - does this suggest some type of a transmitting or receiving unit like a cheap remote?

Is this the same switch on the picture? https://www.made-in-china.com/showr...EHPkm/China-Roll-Ball-Switches-SW-200R1-.html

GRRRRRRRRRRRR . . . . .RRRRRRRRRR . . . . . . RRRRRRRR !!!!!!
WHASSAMATTAH YOU !

Any intelligent person or packaratama extremus . . .would have kept that unit for its discrete parts !

BOARDS FIRST SIDE

On photo 1, the presence of X1 looks as being a 32,768 kc or ? freq crystal . . . . so it should be associated with some degree of sophisticated associative circuitry . . .eg . . . .a microchip on the board and the only space available seems to be in the area under the yellow wrapped battery / cell.

Expected microchip being used . . . . with black epoxy conformal coating . . . .Chip On Board

View attachment 55104

On other parts,the white D1 is suggestive of a diode set but only being on one board side and not resembling the casing used on any that I have ever seen.
The gray cased YUSAN R1 SW-200 R1 certainly looks too large to be a resistor associated with circuitry powered with that pip squeak cells capability.
NOTE that the one lead visible, of its two, is being . . . .GOLD FLASHED.

I have seen that done on reed switches . . . . . also, this doesn't resemble a ball switch . . as .suggested by others, with it having separate axial leads . . .instead of using radial leads, mounted on only one end.
Also, it seems that half of it is resting down in a channel in a WHITE plastic block . . .I wanted more info on that !
The only other info is the BT1 . . . .which is BaTtery 1 . . .part designation .

THE BOARDS OTHER SIDE . . . .

Looks like this products development time was back in 11-13-2006.
Looking at that WHITE plastic block, is it loose fitting enough to slide up and down the GRAY YUSHIN portion, and is there a rod / bar magnet molded within the white block ?
Just above the marked T7-T6-T9 test points seems to be an exposed push button switch, excluding its very top contact disc. One outer ring and a concentric inner ring and then ? ? ? for the treatment of the innermost rectangular area and 3 contact(s).

Then there is only the cell and its tri -pin peripheral solder pins and the single other battery contact solder pin near T5.
Looks like final insulative / protective black epoxy blobs were placed on all 4 pins after soldered in.
Pulling the cell by de soldering those 4 pins would be in order to be able to see what is mounted under the battery /cell.
BUT . . . .only 6 cross board inter-connective vias are being seen, and with use of QUITE hefty traces and which is NOT conducive to being C.O.B. connections (small / fine ).
And finally there is all of the white contamination on part of the board, and I'm not immediately blaming the SPACED APART cell for all of that leakage .

NOW I DONES GONNA TELLS YOU . . . .
Most LIKELY . . . .

This could have even been a mini flashlight, for finding keyholes at night with its missing lamp / LED connected at the T9 area, using the press or slide activated reed switch as mentioned.
Any other application would qualify use of a replaceable or rechargeable battery with timely exchange.
This unit . . . . a light that gets infrequent 15 second uses . . . .ergo one shot battery . . . . throw away unit . . . .99 cent store.
( Excluding . . . . .WHY the mounted X1 ? ? ? ? ? xtal. )

WHAT SAY YE ?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaasit . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Indeed . . . .that does seem to be a ball switch . . . WITH AXIAL LEADS .
But I don' t see the surrounding amount and types of electronics to fulfill construction of the transmit aspects. related to that sole X1 crystal.
Will think some more on the units aspects . . . .

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The device in the centre of the push switch contact pads looks to be an LED - potentially bi/multi coloured. If that's the case then the CoB was used to change its colour at each key press, illuminating through an opaque push button pad.

Crystals are normally a requirement for controls that develop timing components such as remote controls so it may have been a door opener (red/green button) or something relatively simple. I can't see where any IR emitter is (or was) attached though.