Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can someone tell me the name of this extension cord and where I can get one like it?

pmberkeley

Jul 22, 2011
I am looking for a lightweight (3 oz or less) extension cord that is 3 feet long. I found this picture and it looks like the item labeled #25 would work best with what I need it for:
http://bevhoward.com/OptAcc2.jpg

can anyone identify that product or name something similar to it?

The most important aspect of the cord is that it needs to be lightweight and flexible, so it can coil up and fit into tiny spaces. I would prefer it to be 3-prong and non-polarized, but that is not as important as the size.

Thanks in advance!

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
You don't say what country you're in, but from the picture, I'll assume it's the US. You can make one pretty easily yourself if you can't buy one. Just go to a local electrical store and get some 16 gauge zip cord and two fittings you can put on each end. Tell the folks what you want and they'll find the parts for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 3 prong "non-polarized" plug. The plug in the picture is a 2 prong plug. If you get a polarized 2 prong plug, you can file off the extra metal on the neutral prong to turn it into an unpolarized plug -- but I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you really understand what you're doing and know that you're not putting yourself or others at risk.