Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can you identify this electrical piece of circuitry?, Needle in a haystack scenario.

TheRedAnarchist

Jan 8, 2020
Recently acquired this piece of work, no idea the purpose or value of it. It was taken off of an old copier scrapped for parts. Just looking for it to be possibly identified, so I know exactly what I’m in possession of.

Link to pictures: https://postimg.cc/gallery/23hrvxefk/

Kabelsalat

Jul 5, 2011
You should add an image from side view too, and I can only guess this is a rotating part.
Then I guess this has to do with lamp reflection, but I haven't put my mind into old copiers.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
It's a driver board that contains hexagonal first-surface mirror facets used either to optically scan documents or to write images on a photosensitive film that carries the image, via electrostatically attracted toner, to the copy paper. The motor is missing, and precision bearings in the motor may be an integral part of the mirror suspension. Nice paper weight and conversation piece if you can remove the mirror thingy from the circuit board.

TheRedAnarchist

Jan 8, 2020
It's a driver board that contains hexagonal first-surface mirror facets used either to optically scan documents or to write images on a photosensitive film that carries the image, via electrostatically attracted toner, to the copy paper. The motor is missing, and precision bearings in the motor may be an integral part of the mirror suspension. Nice paper weight and conversation piece if you can remove the mirror thingy from the circuit board.
Thank you your reply is much appreciated!

Hunter64

Nov 20, 2018
The motor isn't missing! Its between the pcb and the mirrors, visible in the side-view.

The construction is similar to some drum-motors is laser printers.

Check the datasheet for the driver ic for more information. Probably 24DC and a few control lines to get it spinning.