Maker Pro
Maker Pro

car door lock unlock with single pulse groun or 12v?

supak111

★ƃuᴉɯǝɥɔs sʎɐʍlɐ★
Apr 29, 2012
I have a single 2 second pulse of ground or 12v (I can choose). With that single pulse I need to somehow wire some relays to lock and unlock car doors alternately. So the door would LOCK on first pulse, UNLOCK on second pulse, LOCK on third pulse and so on. I can't figure out how to do it please help.

I found this pic below that looks great but wouldn't the PCB latching relay need polarity reversed to set it to ON and OFF?

Couldn't I just use a 5 pin latching relay if the latching relay switches outputs by a single pulse? Does it?:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONGLE-Powe...394?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6fd1cfea

ltch1n2out.gif

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The relay you linked is not latching.
A simple latching relay will not work anyway.
If it is the single-coil type, it needs pulses of reverse polarity to turn on and off repectively.
If it is the two-coil type you have to alternatingly activate one coil or the other.

You're looking for something like this.

supak111

★ƃuᴉɯǝɥɔs sʎɐʍlɐ★
Apr 29, 2012
yea I though you need to reverse the polarity of the latching relay to have it switch sides.

So any other way to get this accomplish with just one pulse?

I mean I can always set up my project to just UNLOCK or just LOCK with the single pulse I have but it would be nice to have both, alternate every time a button is pushed