Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Card Reader

SilverBlack

Feb 6, 2013
Hi everyone and a good day to you all,
Hope this is in the right place to start as i know later i will need the programming section for the atmel chips but need starting advice. I joined yesterday due to a very arrogant and obtuse person over the internet trying to belittle me for trying to help someone?? Well here goes and i have photos if needed by anyone taken from an actual device by myself that the person sent me i was trying to help..The device is 15.20mm long, 5.20mm wide and 4.00mm high. A very small reader that i have never seen before but all the parts are very easily accessible and consist of a super micro usb receptacle, a board with micro male and female connectors with wires with a small rechargable lithium battery connected by 2 wires to board, a rail with a read head connected to board with 4 wires. The board consists of a AT Mega 168v ATMEL chip, a AT 45db161d Atmel chip ( data flash, serial ) and a da720c ( small silver piece squeezed between these 2 chips ) and i am not sure if this is an interface board chip or board?? But these are on the one side with 2 little square pieces that look clear at the 2 wire end next to the 168v. On the other side of the tiny board you have the super micro usb receptacle, a 21006541 magtek chip triple track delta asic, and 2 very small square pieces again ( don't know if these are chips etc ? ) but they are silver on both ends and seem a light brown in the middle. Now how would i put one of these together? I am not sure about the pcb at all or where to get this part so small and printed for these chips etc etc, then if i use an Atmel chip programmer, can i take the original program from one chip and put it on another chip?? As you can tell this is not my field hence me joining this site lol. I just need advice from the experts to show this person with back up he is not the bill gates he is making out to be. Can someone help pleeeease? I will add photos if i can add them from here, sorry it's seems long winded and thanks for you time in advance, Martin..

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 979
  • Project2.jpg
    Project2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 919
  • Project3.jpg
    Project3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 708
  • Project4.jpg
    Project4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 727
  • Project5.jpg
    Project5.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 581
  • Project.JPG
    Project.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 698

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think you'll need to find a datasheet for this device.

Does it have a part number?

SilverBlack

Feb 6, 2013
Hi Steve,
And thanks for the swift reply my friend. The only part number i know is the name, MSRv007 but i spoke to the person who sent it me and he said he got it from the cardreader factory, i had a look and the website is very informative and i was able to download what they state as the data sheet? I cannot attach the data sheet here as it says it is to big but here is the link: http://www.cardreaderfactory.com/download/documentation/msrv007 datasheet.pdf
If this is no good i will have to look at splitting the file or printing it to my laptop and send various uploads, can't do it now the printers in the bedroom and the mrs is in bed and i can't risk waking her, she'd cut my b"^**^"s off lol.. Hope this helps Steve and just say if you want me to send it a different way mate? Thanks, Martin. :confused: :eek:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Looks like a great skimming tool. What exactly are you trying to do?

Do you want to copy the software from this device to another device? Or is this one not programmed?

Or are you simply after a day's data after skimming?

edit: After reading the datasheet some more... Do you have the demo software only?

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It also might be good if you can point us to where this arrogant and obtuse person is belittling you.

It's probably easier for us to tell if he's trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

SilverBlack

Feb 6, 2013
Hi Steve,
And again thanks for your swift reply. I Am not sue of the term " skimming tool " as electronics is not my area? The person told me this is a full version, he did have the MSRv008 blurtooth product, he sent that first to myself as he could not get it to work. After looking at the manual for operations it did not seem to follow the instructions of operations or work as they stated. After going about it a different way i got this to connect to my laptop and videod this and put to disk for this person and sent it back to him. I must state that the photo's and bluetooth version came encased, the pictures i uploaded are after i took the electronics out of the casing it arrived in to see how simple it has been put together and were held in place in the case by 8 very tiny screws. The argument started in youtube by who i believe is the owner of this cardreader factory who was calling this person an idiot over not being able to get this bluetooth version to work, who then started on myself lol. To cut a long story short i told him that these items are 10 a penny and could get most parts ordered from Maplins the electronic shop. I did see the Chips and parts for sale on ebay and all over the web for next to nothing ( pheeeew ) so at least i wasn't wrong there lol. The person sent me the item to make sure that this one was OK but mainly to take many pictures etc of the item to make one and upload it to youtube and show how easy and cheap it was to make and show everyone that he is not as clever as he makes out, he was very rude. You can go to youtube to see the comments. As you can buy all the parts for pennies it cant be that hard to construct but it was the pcb part and the software that threw me but i'm sure you could transfer the software from one chip to another just so he can see it work on video and prove a point....As you can see from the youtube comments you can buy these from chinese sites with extra parts exactly the same for just over £200 including worldwide shipping so they are not very complicated items lol.....Again Steve thanks for your time in this matter, Martin..:confused::D:p