Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Casio WK3800 keyboard won't switch on

Pikot008

Jun 8, 2018
Hello good people in this group, i´m new here & I need your guys help. I have bought used casio keyboard WK3800 a few weeks ago for my daughter. Yesterday when she wanted to play it, it doesn't on. I've tried to pull & inserted bck the power cord but nothing happen, sometimes I can hear very short noice from the speaker but thats it the keyboard won't switch on. I contacted a friend who has the same type of keyboard, he said it might be the processor problem and it can't be fix because the sparepart for this model is no longer available. Please if anyone of you have similar problem like mine please Help me
default_sad.png

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
My first guess is that it's a power supply problem.

I don't suppose you have any experience in electronic repair do you?

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Appears to use an external 12VDC, 1.5A or higher adapter, or 6 D cell batteries.

See if you can borrow the power adapter from your friend if you don't have one suitable or try 6 x D cells.

Did it ever work while in your possession or did you buy it without testing it worked? Did the seller represent it as working so you might be entitled to a refund?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Pikot008 . . . .
Is there any display showing, to confirm that your AC power adapter is working ?
Also put slight pressure . . . .moving around in a circle . . .to the male connector power plug .
73's de Edd

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
If, after doing @73'sDe Edd suggestion of plug looseness test you find that your DC socket is suspect, you can possibly fix it yourself quite easily.
The socket (on keyboard) should have a side-entry spring contact inside the barrel when viewed from socket entry.
Remove batteries, if in, to avoid shorts.
Using a thin bent pin, needle, wire, hook the spring contact and pull / lever towards the center pin.
This contact is usually the 'change-over switch' that disconnects the batteries when a DC plug is inserted.
If you cant do that, a temporary fix is to place a spacer (folded paper scrap) opposite the spring while inserting the plug.
IE: the paper spacer pushes plug barrel hard against spring.