Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ccfl lcd laptop repair help, pics attached

meganrussel

Mar 14, 2023
this lcd first started showing green lines horizontal ,with flickrs then one day stopped showing rest of the screen , now it just like in the pic , i can see mouse at top,also the icons at right end of screen , i also tried to look around the cable wires ,adn loosened it ,but its the same result . i tried the flex test , the monitor changes to white ,and different colours, but dint show the actual picture , external monitor vga connection is good, so please guide me what next to do . please verify the pics, thank you .

Attachments

• IM_8 (1).jpg
    IM_8 (1).jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IM_8 (2).jpg
    IM_8 (2).jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IM_8 (3).jpg
    IM_8 (3).jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 4

meganrussel

Mar 14, 2023
no its old, no warranty , its been like this for years now , now i got some free time , so wanted to see if i can do something, at my place ,even a screw replacement is expensive, everyone are theives at my place .

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The display driver chips are often mounted on the actual ribbon cables that are 'welded' to the edge of the LCD screen itself - these are the horizontal and vertical connections that allows access to each element of the display.

Over time these connections can 'come away' from the glass and cause the symptoms you are experiencing. It is very,very difficult (I'd say impossible) to recover from this kind of fault. A replacement screen is often the only way to go - else make the laptop a 'desktop' by permanently attaching the external monitor and removing the laptop screen completely.

meganrussel

Mar 14, 2023
thank you for the explanation, any video or any way that i can resolder the chips , those ribbon cables ,may be i dont understand the gravity of factory setup manufacture of lcds, just asking :)

meganrussel

Mar 14, 2023
yes i do use the laptop like desktop as a secondary backup , now i had sometime ,so wanted to start over again