Maker Pro
Maker Pro

CE Directives over 1000V AC

Nate Mercier

Aug 19, 2015
Good Afternoon all -

I'm working on a project for work and we are looking at investigating what it would take to get CE Certification for our product...when it gets there.

One of the first hurdles i've run into is that our product can produce a constant voltage of 3kV. I havn't been successful in trying to locate any directives that would apply to this except for one HV directive, but that seems to be geared towards transformers (which our item is not).

Has anyone worked on anything like this?

Thanks,
nate

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there Nate

a forum of any sort is NOT the place to find this info out

GO TO your local authority and get the actual facts

Dave

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Good Afternoon all -

I'm working on a project for work and we are looking at investigating what it would take to get CE Certification for our product...when it gets there.

One of the first hurdles i've run into is that our product can produce a constant voltage of 3kV. I havn't been successful in trying to locate any directives that would apply to this except for one HV directive, but that seems to be geared towards transformers (which our item is not).

Has anyone worked on anything like this?

Thanks,
nate

Hi Nate. What category does your product fall into, industrial, medical, consumer, automotive, Radio, IT etc. What does your product do, how is it powered and where will it be installed. Is it a fixed installation or portable?

Thanks
Adam