Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Change output voltage and current of LED driver (Noob question)

Chrissi1001

Aug 26, 2019
Hello,

before I ask my actual question, let me give you some background information:
I have multiple LED lights in my room that are all controlled differently. Most of them have a simple power switch on them but one came with a 2.4G remote control which appears to support controlling up to 4 groups of LEDs. Now I would like to replace the LED drivers of my other lights with the same 2.4G driver so that I can control every light in my room with the same remote control.
I already found the manufacturer of the 2.4G LED driver and I am currently thinking of buying some "samples" from them for my little project. Here is a link: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2-4G-Wireless-Remote-Control-Smart_62022399028.html

The main problem that cought my eye is that the 2.4G LED driver has an output of 30-43V / 350mA but obviously my lights currently have drivers with different outputs, for example one of them has 12V / 1.25A.

As you can probably already imagine my question is:
Is there any way how I can tranform the 30-43V / 350mA from the 2.4G driver into whatever I need for each of my lights? The only thing that all of the drivers have in common is that they are all 15W so the only thing that differs is the output current and voltage. Is there any pre-built circuit or one that I could make by myself that would allow me to do this?

I only have a very basic knowledge of this stuff and it has been quite a few years since the last time I did anything with electronics so I need some help here :p

Thanks a lot in advance!

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
A page in the spec's shows a list of output many voltages and currents. They all calculate to almost 15W such as 12V at 1.2A (= 14.4W). Try it.
Did the instructions show how to wire the different groups?

Chrissi1001

Aug 26, 2019
A page in the spec's shows a list of output many voltages and currents. They all calculate to almost 15W such as 12V at 1.2A (= 14.4W). Try it.
Did the instructions show how to wire the different groups?
That part of the specs confused me the most because on the actual driver there is a specific voltage and current written on it. I assume that they just copy and pasted that part of the specification. When you look at the model name you can also see that it is listed as "TKP-RF15TzzC" but the actual product has a specific number instead of the zz.
Regarding the groups: They don't need to be wired differently because you can configure them manually with the remote control (it is described in the manual of the lamp that I got). I assume there is a module/controller built into the driver that takes care of this so I don't need to deal with that myself. You will need multiple drivers connected to different lights to actually use that group feature, it's nothing you can do with just one driver.

Last edited: