Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Changing Calling cell# via keypad RFK5501 on DSC 1832 alarm

lgrandjean

Feb 13, 2021
Hi,

I have DSC 1832 with RFK5501. I programmed it to call to my cell when triggered, using DLS 5.

Unfortunately, I can no longer access the panel with DLS 5 (I created another thread for that: https://www.electronicspoint.com/forums/threads/dsc-1832-dls-5-locked-out.294559/) and I need to update my cell phone.

Keypad RFK5501 is not very friendly, it does not display any info, so I feel kind of blinded. I accessed section [302] and typed in my new cell# in the same format I had entered the old one, but the panel is not calling me. I think it might have something to do with the HEX symbols that goes before the mobile #, but not sure, as this keypad shows nothing.

I have attached some pics. When I go to section 303, where I have a working number I see options 2, 3 and 4 enabled, whereas if I go to section 302 (the cell# I am trying to update) I only see option 1 enable.

However, while typing in the new phone, those options seems to change, so not sure what I am doing...changing the options or updating the phone number?

How should I update the cell# to have DE and then my new number via RFK5501 ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• 302.jpeg
    302.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 303.jpeg
    303.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
As Martin said, your questions seem to have been answered on the forum that specifically addresses alarm system DIY issues, by KriKon, who seems to be better acquainted with the newer DSC stuff that I am. (I've been retired a few years now, and interfacing with cell phones is relatively new for DSC) If his advice doesn't clear it up for you, post back on that forum, where there are other experts specifically for alarm system issues, and let them know where you're still having trouble.

For future reference, when posting on Electronics Point about your alarm system, it's always a good idea to mention in the post title, words like "alarm" or even "DSC 1832". Granted, if I'd have been paying closer attention I would have spotted the RFK5501 keypad model number, but the Control Panel's manufacturer (DSC) and model number is a much better eye-catcher. This forum typically goes through a couple of dozen new posts every day and I don't look at all of them; I usually scan for titles that look like something I'm familiar with.

lgrandjean

Feb 13, 2021
I apologize for my mistakes, first time posting here. I will keep it in mind for the future.

This thread has also been solved by Kirkon. I had to learn how to play with HEX trhough the keypad.

Thanks