Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Charger fuse on the output side burned

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Yeah I have another one of these chargers where there is only one that blinks. I have not tested them yet. So you could he right that they are all independent but they do have a main controller chip seen in the first 2 pictures. That coupd also be the culprit. Maybe.
Go get'm tiger! I noticed the NBC asset tag .
Are you a cameraman?

gica69

Feb 8, 2017
No I help a friend of mine that works with tripods and everything under the camera. He is pretty well known in Burbank. So these 6 charger were on his shelf for warranty repair. The guy that does some repairs for him returned all 6 saying the main chip is bad in all!!!?
I said no way so since we have to wait untill January for the backorder boards let me have a look, nothing to loose right!
Sure enough I just opened the second one that had only one failed charger out of 4,blinking lights also.
I infused some voltage and nothing, no hot spots under the Flir. I noticed on the right side 4 big diodes that send the 20V to each charger. So one of them was getting the 20V. By the connector there should be a 3.2V signal that maybe validates it on each of the diodes.
Well on one of the diodes at the connector that signal was not there so theredand green lights were flashing. After 30 seconds the 20V signal got cut off also and the lights remained lit up but solid.
I will include the pictures. So this unit is either newer or older don't know, but they changed the 4DH chip and put seperate diodes instead which is easier to diagnose.
In the first picture D8 is a shorted diode and after removing it the flickering and the short went away and the 20V stays. The diode has an E2 marked on it. The capacitor below it was taken out also. I have to replace/find both.
But that was the issue. I am by no means anything but a persistent newbee with lots of hours under his belt mostly screwing things up hahaha. But I do have everything needed to test and learn. I got lucky this time, no screw ups. There was a time when I was dedicated to mastering electronics repairs. But insted of learning first, I bought equipment first, lots of it, I mean divorce causing quantities. From every multimeter known to man, to oscilloscope, 2 big electronic microscopes one with camera, soldering stations of many kinds, fumes extractor etc. You get the point. The wife was nice though and tolerated the mental illness.
Back to the repair.
Picture 2 shows the 4 diodes that send 20V to each of the 4 sides.
The other board has the 4DH which has the same issue but it is a 10 legs piece. I dont know if I can find it. They complicated that one instead of using the seperate diode system. So good news on one.
Can we now figure out what that 4DH might be? It has diodes inside about 3 plus ground and power. That's in layman's terms which I am.
I need a shower, let me know and thanks.

Attachments

• 20231030_205852.jpg
    20231030_205852.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231030_211711.jpg
    20231030_211711.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231029_221452.jpg
    20231029_221452.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Well I'll be damned!
My professional career started in Burbank as a teenager Work study program in the high school got a gig with Motorola did all the two-way communication
Narrow band FM.Hand held, mobiles , repeaters for the movie industry there . Anyhow I'll do some research see what I can pull up for you not only on the internet I will call up some colleagues they design that stuff I'm only a tech but I'll PM you The information is not for the general public.Got to keep it,on the "down low" . What a small world...

gica69

Feb 8, 2017
So I emailed digikey and they also said the 4DH is a proprietary. I tested it and it seems all but one set of legs are shorted I did not check the diode function but the IC is probably a combo of small resistor and maybe one or 2 diodes. Time to call the Factory and see if they have those. Probably not for sale. They want you to buy the whole board