Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Charging a V-mount battery 2A, what charger?

dofe

Feb 8, 2020
Hello guys, my name is Francois and I'm looking for some help here. It would be great if you could enlighten me please.

I bought a V-mount battery recently, I'm posting the link for the specs purpose only :
(https://www.fxlion.net/product-detail/50wh-v-mount-battery-nano-one/)

I don't know much about batteries, I apparently need a 2A charger but I read online "Working current 8.0A(Max)", does it mean I can use any charger going up to 8A?

I saw an official video where they charge the same battery with a charger 16.8V/4A. I guess it's charging faster? at what point is it damaging the battery?

My last question is : is it faster to charge a v-mount battery by V-lock charger rather than by the D-tap port?

Thank you

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi
welcome to EP :)

I don't know much about batteries, I apparently need a 2A charger but I read online "Working current 8.0A(Max)", does it mean I can use any charger going up to 8A?

Did you not read the link you quoted ??

• Micro USB Input: 5V/3A
  • Compatible with V-lock charger and cellphone USB charger

Simple as that

Dave

dofe

Feb 8, 2020
Hi Davenn, but there are plenty of V-lock charger. What does mean "Working current 8.0A(Max)"?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Hi Davenn, but there are plenty of V-lock charger. What does mean "Working current 8.0A(Max)"?

Seems to me like the maximum output current you can take from all outlets combined at any one time.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
Working current and charge current are 2 different things. The charging regime depends on the chemistry of the battery. It seems to be a LiPo but that is net entirely clear.