Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Charging battery with level indicator ?

Richard_Electronics

Oct 31, 2017
Here, i have one simple question and i hope solution can be simple too.

I have a charger for car battery, a car battery and a battery level indicator(for 12v battery).
My car battery charger does not have a battery level indicator build in so there is no way to see if battery is full without disconecting it from charger.
Battery level indicator is very simple, it just needs to be connected to battery + and -, as any other consumer.

dawdawdawd.png
My question is: Is there something that will block electricity from charger getting in to led indicator and displaying "full battery" while is charging and?

If not how the build in indicator work even those with led turning off when full ?

Thanks for help!

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Is there something that will block electricity from charger getting in to led indicator and displaying "full battery" while is charging
No. You simply connect the indicator in parallel to the battery. Note that during charging the battery voltage will rise only to drop a bit when charging is stopped.

If not how the build in indicator work even those with led turning off when full ?
Possibly a built in indicator works the same way.
There exist several methods to turn of charging at the end of the charge cycle. You'll find tons of information about batteries, the different types, charging etc. e.g. on battery university.