Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Clicking noise from cd player

BamoComics

Jul 10, 2022
I have a Sony Dream Machine CD player/ clock that works perfectly fine with all of my CDs, except for Weezer’s blue album which I hear constant *mechanical* clicking (not effected by volume). I’ve checked the CD, and there is no obvious damage. It doesn’t bother me, but I don’t want to shell out six dollars for another CD because I wrecked the first one, if I can avoid it. Any tips?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I have a Sony Dream Machine CD player/ clock that works perfectly fine with all of my CDs, except for Weezer’s blue album which I hear constant *mechanical* clicking (not effected by volume). I’ve checked the CD, and there is no obvious damage. It doesn’t bother me, but I don’t want to shell out six dollars for another CD because I wrecked the first one, if I can avoid it. Any tips?
Probably the disc is warped if no other damage can be seen. You can copy the disc to a CD-R and see if that solves it. I used to copy/backup all my bought CDs and store the original only using the copy/backup.

Martin

BamoComics

Jul 10, 2022
It works perfectly on every other CD player. I’ll need to find a CD/DVD reader. Thanks for the help.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Perhaps the spindle platter magnets are better in other players or vice versa. Either way, the disc must be warped. You can try pouring hot water on the disc and then placing a flat weight on it for a few minutes. It might re-take its original shape. Must be very hot but not boiling water. This works for reforming most plastics.

Martin

BamoComics

Jul 10, 2022
The solution I found is to tilt the CD player up 30 degrees. It’s bizarre but makes the cod work just fine.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Moved from old hijacked thread to new, separate thread.