Maker Pro
Maker Pro

cnc stepper wiring help

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
Hi everyone, its been a while and I finally got my driver. I am having some trouble wiring my 6 wire motors to the 4 plugins... I have tried lots of different wiring configurations and all i get is the motors locking when I trigger E-stop (this happens no matter how I wire it). I have confirmed the signal is getting from the computer to the board as when I try to jog the motors the "active" light, lights up on the board. I do know that as I am wiring up a 6 wire motor to a 4 wire port that I have to leave out the center tap wires, but even if i leave them wired up it should at least do something, or is my understanding of the motors incorrect. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might try???

NOTE: this is the driver I have: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TB6560-CNC-3...858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2321573992

Thanks

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
I understand "how" to connect the motors a, -a, b, -b and all that but I have been unable to identify what wires are which, that being said, I have connected the motor in many different wiring configurations, and no matter how it is wired, I have e-stop control but jogging the motor does NOTHING, I would assume that even if only a few of the correct wires are attached, the motor should do something.

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
I have found my motors datasheet and it is now wired correctly, but everything remains the same as before, no movement. Anyone have any further ideas???

NOTE: there are 2 unused wires named common, by the datasheet

Last edited:

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
I realize "how" for connecting the motors the, -a, w, -b and all that however have been not able to identify what cables are usually which usually, that said, I've related the actual motor in many different cabling configurations, and no make a difference how it is born, I've e-stop manage however running the actual engine does Practically nothing, I might believe that even when just a few from the appropriate cables are usually linked, the actual engine ought to do some thing.

I am having the same problem. Although I know my motors are wired correctly

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
A typical first suggestion to any of these problems is "try reversing one winding".

This assumes that you do have it connected close to correctly (as you assert)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have found my motors datasheet and it is now wired correctly, but everything remains the same as before, no movement. Anyone have any further ideas???

NOTE: there are 2 unused wires named common, by the datasheet

The common's should be connected ... normally to the negative ( 0V) of the supply

give us a link to the datasheet so we all can check it out, at the moment we are flying in the dark, having only your explanation :)
then we can confirm what the common is used for

I wonder if you read this section in the CNC's manual .....

3.2. SELECTING AND CONNECTING STEPPER MOTORS
WARNING: INCORRECT WIRING OF THE STEPPER MOTOR TO THE DRIVE
BOARD CAN LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DAMAGE OF DRIVE BOARD - DO NOT
CONNECT OR DISCONNECT MOTORS WHILE POWER IS ON

Dave

Last edited:

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
When all else fails.... Read the instructions!

truly words to live by.

I have tried connecting the common wires to negative, but nothing changed. Any other suggestions???