Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Colour screen fading

astra

Jul 13, 2010
I have a golf trolley with a colour screen it shows the current time but when using the trolley on the course the screen dulls right down and the time resets to zero,if i unplug the battery for a few seconds then re plug in the screen display comes back but the time is still out of sync,this keeps happening not just once.any ideas please.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Just ideas for you to consider:
Is it time to get a new battery?
The display will normally be more difficult to see (appear dimmer) in direct sunlight.
Is the higher temperature on the course, causing the display to act erraticially?
Is direct sunlight causing your electronics package to overheat, and become erratic?
Should you cover the electronics package, to help keep direct sunlight off the electronics (so they won't overheat).
Maybe, the trolley should be checked by a technician, in case adjustments need to be made.
My guess, considering your symptoms, is that the sun or heat on the course, is causing your electronics package to act up.
Just a few simple things for you to check. Good luck.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
my thoughts as well shrtrnd, it sounded like a battery failing or a heat problem

hopefully he will check back in wioth some test results :)

dave

astra

Jul 13, 2010
Re Screen

Just ideas for you to consider:
Is it time to get a new battery?
The display will normally be more difficult to see (appear dimmer) in direct sunlight.
Is the higher temperature on the course, causing the display to act erraticially?
Is direct sunlight causing your electronics package to overheat, and become erratic?
Should you cover the electronics package, to help keep direct sunlight off the electronics (so they won't overheat).
Maybe, the trolley should be checked by a technician, in case adjustments need to be made.
My guess, considering your symptoms, is that the sun or heat on the course, is causing your electronics package to act up.
Just a few simple things for you to check. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, the fault happens in normal temperatures too,the battery is fine as it has been checked properly,i can post a photo of pcb if necessary .