Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Command Script for Read/Write from USB Stick or SD Card

Electro132

Feb 12, 2013
Hi,

Would like to know if anyone can give me links to scripts that allow Read / Write from USB Sticks and SD Cards?

The purpose is that the script runs the image file from the USB Stick or SD Card and then gets sent to the transmitter. I already had a look on google and there doesn't seem to be one. I am thinking of sending the data through 2.4 ghz transmitter but was wondering if IR would be best?

Thanks

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
A script for what? You need hardware to run a script on.

Bob

Electro132

Feb 12, 2013
A script for what? You need hardware to run a script on.

Bob

Have you got any ideas on which IC chip is best to use to run a small program and script? I had a look at Arduino but wanted your opinion as i couldn't decide.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You need a lot more and an "IC chip". To access a USB flash drive, you need a single board computer that can act as a USB host. As far as I know, an Arduino cannot do that, it only acts as a USB device, which is not the same as a host.

A Raspberry PI would be more suitable.

Bob

Electro132

Feb 12, 2013
You need a lot more and an "IC chip". To access a USB flash drive, you need a single board computer that can act as a USB host. As far as I know, an Arduino cannot do that, it only acts as a USB device, which is not the same as a host.

A Raspberry PI would be more suitable.

Bob

What if i only need Arduino to read the one file that is stored and transmit it?

Or better yet, is there an IC chip available that has a program on it already and that i could just load an image onto it and transmit it?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
An Arduino can read a FAT formatted SD card as long as you use short filenames.

There is no hope that you'll find an already programmed part. It's like going to buy a loaf of bread and looking for one that is already made into your favorite ice cream and pickle sandwich.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010

There is no hope that you'll find an already programmed part. It's like going to buy a loaf of bread and looking for one that is already made into your favorite ice cream and pickle sandwich.
ROFL

Bob

Electro132

Feb 12, 2013

hey, i found out it was more easier to just get a usb stick fm transmitter, store a file into a usb memory stick, plug the mem stick into the usb fm transmitter and plug the transmitter module in where the FM transmitter was. This transmitter is running at 2.4 ghz.

Should work, what do you think?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
To expound upon my previous answer:

A USB stick FM transmitter reads MP3 files from a USB stick, processes them into audio, and transmits this audio on FM radio. This does not help with your problem of transmitting an image file.

Bob