Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Commiting a circuit to veroboard/stripboard

Mark65

Aug 12, 2015
Hello,
I'm looking to make the attached circuit with veroboard/stripboard but wonderer if there is anything special about the location of the points VCC and IC1 point 8.
They're almost at the same point in the circuit on a veroboard/stripboard with IC1 point 8 being between C13 and C7 and VCC being at the junction of C13.
I've limited experience in electronics and was just wondering if it really makes a difference ?
Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

• powersupply.jpg
    powersupply.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 84

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hello,
I'm looking to make the attached circuit with veroboard/stripboard but wonderer if there is anything special about the location of the points VCC and IC1 point 8.
They're almost at the same point in the circuit on a veroboard/stripboard with IC1 point 8 being between C13 and C7 and VCC being at the junction of C13.
I've limited experience in electronics and was just wondering if it really makes a difference ?
Thanks,
Mark

hi Mark

IC 1 and IC 2 are not likely and would not normally be mounted on the board right in the middle of the power supply
one of the obvious reasons being, it would be difficult route other connections to the other pins of those 2 IC's
Those IC's are likely to me mounted further down on that board or, more likely, on a totally different board all together

this is going to be the reality ......

upload_2016-10-2_19-17-31.png

Dave

Last edited: