Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Compact and cheapest bluetooth data receiver and vibrator

Mihir Kothari

Feb 22, 2015
Hi,

I am looking to get advice to find following:

1) A very compact cheap bluetooth receiver (only bluetooth data receiver no need to receive audio).

I understand that there tonnes of such receivers in market but I want only data receiver so I don't want to spend more on bluetooth audio receivers.

Can some one please let me know smallest cheapest bluetooth data receiver chip/IC in the market?

2) A minute-small vibrator which can be connected to the above bluetooth receiver - cheapest. Also, cheapest smallest power unit to power the vibrator circuit - may be coin cell...

Idea is, on sending command from any bluetooth transmitter, the above bluetooth receiver will receive the command and ask vibrator to vibrate.

Frenoy Osburn

Nov 20, 2014
cheapest bluetooth modules I can think of are the HC05 modules. But these transmit UART data. So you would need more circuitry to control the vibrator.

Mihir Kothari

Feb 22, 2015
yes depending on the hardware selected (bluetooth chip/IC and vibrator chip) - I will have to get the circuitry designed...

Frenoy Osburn

Nov 20, 2014
check out the HC05 and HC06 modules, you will then need a small MCU, something like an ATtiny2313 or 8051 with serial port is more than enough. You can use a transistor to control the motor.