Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Compaq Evo n110 display port

trulytest

Sep 5, 2012
Hello there, I've got a little problem with lcd screen of this laptop. I don't know what kind of port (connector) has its LCD display. I will post photo tomorrow, 'coz It isn't with me today. But anyway, is there a way to use it as a normal monitor? I personally think yes (I just found device "njytouch"). However, several laptops, several ports (or not? :D). And "njytouch" will probably don't have support for this port. But maybe I am mistaken, so please, help me.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
if I am interpreting this correctly all you need is a VGA cable, there should be a small port (most likely blue) on one side like this:

300px-SVGA_port.jpg

You just have to connect that from the laptop to the monitor/tv that you want to use

though if the video card has fried then using this will probably not work either

trulytest

Sep 5, 2012
No no, I mean that if LCD screen from (broken) laptop can be used as a monitor of PC.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Generally speaking, no.

trulytest

Sep 5, 2012
Ok, I've got the photos

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

As you can see, the laptop has integrated graphics card (Trident CyberBlade i1) so it unfortunatelly can't be moved.

Last edited:

trulytest

Sep 5, 2012
Ok, when I closely looked at the connector, there were some letters. On the one side is written: 50 U-A (50 probably means that the connector has 50 pins) and on the other side was written: H JST

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
That connector connects the LCD to the specific driver needed not only to interface between the CPU and graphics card but also to drive that LCD. Unless the laptop is in working condition (driver included) it will be difficult to make anything other than scrap out of it.

With all the working parts you could try to make a digital picture viewer and mount that screen in to some kind of frame however the laptop would need to be in working condition for that.