Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Component from ATX PS

kc1fx

Nov 17, 2012
I would like to know the manufacturer of the component DG2N65. Google search gives no clue. Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

• transistor.jpg
    transistor.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 190

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The sticky thread in this section gives a lot of hints for finding information.

In this case I simply googled for "2N65" and the direct link to a datasheet was the third hit.

It even showed me images of TO-220 devices, and thanks to you providing an image (that was actually most helpful), I was pretty sure that this would be a likely answer for you.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Trivia.
This is a new one for me. A lot of times manufacturers will prefix their parts with a
designator to show who made the part, but I don't remember seeing this done with
early transistors.
Typically 'DG' prefixes are used by Harris, SGS, Intersil, and Maxim.
Harris was around before the other three manufacturers, so I'm thinking maybe they
made that part.
None of this is useful for the question "steve" already answered for you, but as a parts
buff, a conundrum that interests me.
If you're still following this post, I'd be interested in knowing the date code on your original part.
Thanks

kc1fx

Nov 17, 2012
I posted the picture of the original part. The part is from an ATX supply of 3 years old.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Ahh Sooo,
I'm out-of-date, and my knowledge-base shows it.
I don't recgonize the company logo on the top left.
Maybe Chinese with a whole new set of part number prefixes to learn.
Thanks for pointing out what I missed.

kc1fx

Nov 17, 2012
Anyways, the power supply has been repaired. The twin powers transistors on the HV side...1 fried...so I replaced both along with a brn, blk, blk, gld MF resistor that was ohming out to 46 ohms...... VERY strange, no signs of heat stress.....My 1st ATX repair and I did it for about $20. Did it more for the challenge...