Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Component video on TV cuts out and blinks

charlocharlie

Jul 27, 2014
My VIZIO E241-A1 has an issue running component video (YPbPr). Here is a video showing one issue:

The setup in the video is my PS2 running into an RCA splitter, then into my capture card and the TV. Before recording, the TV could play the video of the PS2, but after a while it changed to the blinking issue. As you can see in the video, the video feed works fine on my capture card input, but not on the TV. They are both receiving the same video signal.

The TV also has a weird issue with component where pulling an audio plug will make the video lose signal on the TV.

Some research leads me to think that this is an issue with the sync-on-green or luminance-on-green

This TV has a analog input where the composite video input is shared with the green component plug.

I'm willing to take the TV apart and it would be great if someone could tell me what to look for (a short or anything else). I'm also willing to install a replacement part for the TV, but I have no idea where to order it from or even what to order.

Thanks.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Are your certain that you're inputting the signals to the correct RCA jacks? My first impression that this may be the problem.