Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Concept Delay Circuit [Block Diagram]

ag273n

Nov 24, 2016
This is absolutely my first try in designing a concept circuit. While I'm certain there are so many other ways to do this, I decided to stick with the easiest components to find --- the 555 timer.

In theory, this block Diagram Should first send multiple On/Off Pulses to Load 1, and then turn on Load 2 after a determined delay in the R-C circuit

upload_2016-12-30_16-0-22.png
The idea is to time the pulses in Load 1 so that it turns on and off only for a given time - then after Load 1 is done, Load 2 would turn on - and Stay on until the Bistable circuit is reset - turning off everything. Of course making sure that time set for load 1 is not greater than the time the RC Circuit would turn on.

So... would the above block diagram function the way I anticipated it?

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Not quite, you have the output of your bistable feeding the Vcc of your R-C and monostable 555 circuits. Your output needs to go to the trigger of the monostable and likewise for the astable phase. But otherwise logically I can see what you are trying to do - 1st 555 gives a signal which is then fed to the next stage 555 and a fixed R-C delay. Remember that the output of the 555 is a pulse, you can not use that to power the next 555 directly. You could come up with a latching relay or something of that nature if you need this type of behavior from what you described.