Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Another tragedy by a nut case and a call for 'stricter gun laws'.
Nobody's saying about the handguns yet, but the .223 cal was BANNED in that State,
that has the 4th strictest gun laws in the U.S.
The 20 year old shooter used an illegal weapon in his State.
Another media ignored detail that will result in calls for the other 335 million Americans to
disarm themselves.
My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the adults and children killed, but I believe
it's criminal for the media to be making a celebrity out of this whack-job. Just ENCOURAGING
some other psycho to become 'famous', in another copycat equivalent.
The media keeps ranking the number of dead, apparently wanting a new record holder.
Sick.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
what gets to me is you here so much about theguuysthat did the killings.... how often do you get a full story of the victims? they are the ones I want to know about. thepoor people that were living their lives. not the moron that ended them

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
It's this type of 'band-wagon' 'reactionary' coverage that really angers me. Media and politicians jump at the chance to play hero and flex a bit of legislative muscle. Normally I tend to blame the public for being so gullible but in these cases all public opinion is carefully filtered.

The Dunblaine shooting over here is a prime example - that was basically the event that saw public access to guns killed for good throughout the country - crazy paedophile waltzed into a primary school and took a load of lives including his own. I was in college by then but I remember a friend of mine still in school saying his english class were asked to write an essay on the resulting gun debate. He spoke his mind of course and criticised all the mass hysteria caused by one man's actions. He was basically taken aside, asked if 'everything was alright with his family', if he 'was having problems at home' etc. I think they contacted his parents as well. I mean WHAT...THE....FÚCK?!!?!

Oh and here's a good one to top it all. There was a big initiative here to ban the sale of swords in an effort to reduce knife crime. Yes that's right....That antique weapon for your fireplace could get you shot on sight (I exaggerate but techniclly it is possible in certain circumstances) while a juvenile can walk into a supermarket and buy a set of the meanest state of the art kitchen knives completely unchallenged, then go and stab people......

Dear human race, why are we allowing ourselves to be governed by such complete morons...........

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
All I really want to say in regards to this, is that this is a perfect example and perfect proof that laws do not stop criminals...

The individual was 20 years old, it was illegal for him to posses a handgun...
The individual was mentally challenged, it was thus illegal for him to have any firearms...
He attempted to legally purchase a firearm earlier this week but was DENIED...
He illegally secured the firearms, from a law abiding citizen (his mother) and then killed her..
He committed no less than 10 felonies before he left his mother house... (An AP reporter did a 5 minute curiosity search of CT laws and determined this)
The School was in a 'gun free' zone, thus it was illegal for him to have guns there...
Murder, is illegal...
Attempted murder is illegal...
Manslaughter is illegal...
Assault with a deadly weapon is illegal...
Assault is illegal...
And I could probably go on for pages of the number of laws he broke...

The cold truth is what he did was highly illegal in countless ways, he was a criminal whack job and chose to disregard the law... Does anyone with a functional brain cell honestly believe that passing more laws that would have made his actions 'more' illegal would have prevented this?

What would have helped prevent this is for the public to stop believing laws written on paper will protect them... Society needs to accept what is happening and take a physical stand, not a feel good one written on paper...

Lock down the schools and arm the staff or have an armed security staff on site to protect the children... Meet illegal violence with force, not ink on paper... Stop pretending that criminals will follow the law, they never have and never will... Weapons can't be uninvented stop pretending that putting some ink on some paper saying they are bad will make them vanish, it's beyond illogical...

There was a big initiative here to ban the sale of swords in an effort to reduce knife crime. Yes that's right....That antique weapon for your fireplace could get you shot on sight (I exaggerate but techniclly it is possible in certain circumstances) while a juvenile can walk into a supermarket and buy a set of the meanest state of the art kitchen knives completely unchallenged, then go and stab people......
Simply political Feel Good laws so that politicians can say they 'tried', just like in the US where the horribly diluted term 'assault rifle' is tossed around every five minutes in regards to banning to stop violent crime... As if anyone with a functional brain cell can honestly believe that a bullet from a black weapon is more deadly than one with some polished wood and a chrome finish...

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Hey media, how about trying a different headline.
'Coward Kills Defenseless Innocents'

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
We are all ears about how to do that.
It's not really an issue now though, haven't you heard, Obama says he's going to.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Two different cultures and two different societies, make an entire world of difference...

The author of that article is so out of touch with reality of the situation it's boarder line laughable, I'll bet his plan could fix the Middle East conflicts as well by simply taking away their guns, fact is the issues are so much more involved... You need to completely change the culture and society, and history has proven that to be mostly a pipe dream...

Proof positive that conflict, hate and intolerance is a deeply rooted social issue that is far more involved than something that will be fixed by taking away firearms...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...cut-school-shooting_n_2312186.html?1355693074

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
... Obama will sign another executive order, ...poof, problem solved.
Maybe appoint a 'Mass Killings Czar'.

I still believe preventing the media from glorifying the perpetrator might help.
"He was a troubled young man, with a strict mother", .... sheez.
Somebody, sometime, is going to have to resign themselves to the fact that there are
lunatics loose, ...even though Congress just eliminated the word from their documents.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
... Obama will sign another executive order

No, he won't, he does not have the power to remove Constitutional Rights, especially rights that the courts are upholding as valid.... That is the whole point of the Constitution to limit his powers, trying to sidestep the foundations of government limits over peoples rights would likely push the US to the brink of another civil war overnight...

Status
Not open for further replies.