Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Connecting Arduino to a Monster iEZClick Remote

StealthRT

Sep 4, 2010
Hey all i am looking to do a project with an Monster iEZClick Remote Control using an Arduino Pro Mini 328.

The Monster iEZClick Remote Control is an RF remote that transmits to an ipod socket connector that attaches to an ipod to control its volume, play, pause, skip, etc.

I am wondering 2 things before i buy this:

(1) *if* i can open the thing, would it be possible to connect each button to the arduino to read when pushes?

or

(2) Would it be possible to *read* the RF signals coming from the Monster iEZClick Remote Control and have the arduino respond to those different commands as it would it the user hooked up each button to the arduino?

Feel free to add your own solution if something you think of would be better than the 2 above i posted.

I am wanting to use the remote to control the arduino that will be controlling a bluetooth headset in my helmet (via another arduino).

So in other words this headset:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-M...Intercoms_Access_Controls&hash=item4843423492

will be hooked to an arduino so it can emulate the "clicking" of those buttons.

That arduino in the helmet will be linked via bluetooth to the other arduino thats connected to the iEZClick.

Lot of communicating going on...