Maker Pro
Maker Pro

connecting two batteries using 2 regs and one panel

compressorman

Oct 3, 2019
I have several panels=360watts GOING INTO ONE REGULATOR, that supplies one battery into one inverter....and works fine.
I have now included another battery and regulator but entirely separate to the other, no connections whatever.
I have connected the second regulator to the panels but find that theres a drain from one battery to another. So my guess is fit a couple of BLOCKING DIODES to the pane outputs, the system I know will give same panel output but halved between the 2 batteries.
My question is what make of diodes shud I purchase and what voltage and amperage.
The system is 12 volts.
From each battery I run THEIR POS AND NEG cables thru 2 separate isolators so no drain TO EITHER BATTERY OCCURS THERE as both outputs go to the same INVERTER...if I wanted to use the 2 batts I simply open up both inverters.
The panels supply 15amps, TAKE IT THATS 15X12=180WATTS.
QUESTION IS what diodes do I ask for?
Thanx for any help.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
A diagram would have been better to show your setup.

IF I'm following along, I'd get 30A schottky diodes, and put them on modest heatsinks. You did not list your location so up to you to find a supplier and what voltage they offer, obviously it should be a fair margin above your peak produced voltage which you can measure.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Why not parallel the batteries and use one charge controller?

Bob