Maker Pro
Maker Pro

CONNECTION TYPE

REZA MALHAVI

Sep 8, 2017
I have a sensor that connected like this, please help me about 2 wire connection, what is the type of 2 wire connection?

ss.jpg

[image fixed by moderator ... it was way too big]
to the OP ... in future resize images to a max of 1024 x 768 and a max of 100kb

Last edited by a moderator:

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir REZA MALHAVI . . . . .

What is the type of 2 wireconnection?

Looking a the wording of core on the left and the word shield on the right, is being the use of a shielded cable between the diode sets and the RS232 connector.

The illustration serves both as a pic of the cable type AND the manner of a very neat extraction method of the inner core wire from the shielding as well asalso then leaving a neat shield pigtail . . . . WITHOUT destroying many of the shield strands.
Also, you want to go right up to the diode pair and leave minimum diode wiring exposed . . . or you would have defeated the purpose of the use of shielded interconnect wiring.

Shielded wire with its outer braided shield and inner core wire . . . .

figure5.jpg

What it cannot "tell" you is that you initially push the braiding down such that it greatly expands apart, and leaves big X cross gaps and you then spread an X crossing even further apart such thatt you can then get a . . . .needle / wire hook . . . down inside to flick a folded loop of the wire out, then you pull that wire end out totally, The pic is showing the mid state of that operation.

73's de Edd

Last edited:

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
The RX connection has a two diodes connected back to back so will never pass any current.

REZA MALHAVI

Sep 8, 2017
Do you mean the type of wire or the discrete devices circled?
the sensor use mod-bus protocol , I want to read sensor data by an Arduino. I don't know that the 2 wire connection is RS485 or other connections.
you can see the sensor that connected by infrared then 2 wire output and rs232 interface .
please help me about this type of connection.

Attachments

• sensor.JPG
    sensor.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 48

REZA MALHAVI

Sep 8, 2017
Sir REZA MALHAVI . . . . .

What is the type of 2 wireconnection?

Looking a the wording of core on the left and the word shield on the right, is being the use of a shielded cable between the diode sets and the RS232 connector.

The illustration serves both as a pic of the cable type AND the manner of a very neat extraction method of the inner core wire from the shielding as well asalso then leaving a neat shield pigtail . . . . WITHOUT destroying many of the shield strands.
Also, you want to go right up to the diode pair and leave minimum diode wiring exposed . . . or you would have defeated the purpose of the use of shielded interconnect wiring.

Shielded wire with its outer braided shield and inner core wire . . . .

figure5.jpg

What it cannot "tell" you is that you initially push the braiding down such that it greatly expands apart, and leaves big X cross gaps and you then spread an X crossing even further apart such thatt you can then get a . . . .needle / wire hook . . . down inside to flick a folded loop of the wire out, then you pull that wire end out totally, The pic is showing the mid state of that operation.

73's de Edd

Thank you.
I don't have any problem by shield connection, I wanna connect this sensor to Arduino or Esp8266 and use mod-bus library to read and log this.
then please help me about the type of connection .

REZA MALHAVI

Sep 8, 2017
The RX connection has a two diodes connected back to back so will never pass any current.
this connection is for data transmission and it work. please see the attached file.

Attachments

• infrared.JPG
    infrared.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 44